Happy Birthday Eddie!

You smiled as you finished setting up the last of the decorations for Eddie's birthday. He was away at work currently but would be home soon. You looked over your work to make sure the decorations were perfect, you wanted this to be perfect for him. It didn't take long before you heard the sound of the door unlocking, you went to the living room to greet him. "Happy birthday!" You exclaimed after he opened the door. Eddie paused and looked surprised for a moment before smiling.

"Thanks!" He replied as he came in, shutting the door behind him. He looked around at the decorations that you had set up. "The decorations are really nice." He complimented as he kissed your cheek.

"I'm glad you like them." You smiled, glad that your hard work paid off. "How was work?" You asked as he sat down on the couch to relax for a moment.

"It was good! I made some really nice graves today! I hope the people they're for enjoy them."

"I'm sure they do. You made them after all." Eddie smiled a bit bashfully at your words.

"Thank you." You nodded in response.

"I'll be right back." You told him. He gave you a curious look but nodded. You went to where you had hid his present. You returned with a small box and handed it to him. He accepted it and studied the box as if trying to figure out what could be inside. You laughed a bit at him. "Just open it."

"Alright." He smiled and carefully unwrapped it. You watched nervously, you were sure he'd like it but there was still that lingering fear that he might not. Eddie removed the lid to the box and smiled when he saw what was inside. You had gotten him a small pin that he could wear on his scarf, it looked like a red poppy. "It's pretty! Thank you so much!" He grinned at you and quickly got up to hug you. You hugged him back and smiled as well.

"I'm glad you like it." Eddie let go of you and kissed your forehead. He then fiddled with the pin so he could get it on his scarf. It took him a few tries due to his excitement but he eventually got it. While he happily admired his new pin, you went to the kitchen to get the cake you had gotten for him. It was decorated to look like a graveyard. You lit a few candles on the cake and then went out to him, singing happy birthday as you did. You set the cake down on the coffee table in front of him when you finished. "Make a wish!" You smiled. Eddie looked thoughtful for a moment before blowing out the candles. You cheered for him. "What'd you wish for?" You asked playfully as you went to get a knife and some plates.

"I can't tell you! It won't come true." He replied with a giggle. You cut the both of you a slice of cake each. The two of you sat together and enjoyed it. "This is really good!" Eddie hummed happily. You nodded in agreement.

"It is."

"Thank you for everything. Today was really nice." You smiled at him.

"Of course. You don't have to thank me though. I like doing things for you." Eddie blushed a bit and looked away.

"I'm really glad we met."

"Me too. I love you."

"I love you too." Eddie cuddled up to you and you held him. "This has been the best birthday I've ever had." He happily mumbled.

"We'll spend many more together." You promised and kissed the top of his head. The rest of the day was spent cuddling together and talking about whatever came to your minds.