Epilogue

Clayton – (One Month Later)~

Thank fuck that she showed up.

Looking around the backyard, everyone just so damn happy, thank God that Addie had shown up to the wedding. The second that Addie had started making her way down the makeshift aisle, I could see Brett's knees almost give out on him, because I'd been looking at my brother and not the bride.

Since the wedding had been so small, there'd been no groomsmen or bridesmaids, just family and the Campions sitting in the chairs that Dad had put out when we'd been setting up. At first, Brett couldn't decide where to set up the altar, but when Maxwell had suggested Dad's backyard, so that Mom and her flower garden could also attend his wedding, it'd been immediately decided. In fact, Dad was going to leave the altar up because this was where we were all going to get married.

I felt Stevie snuggle up next to me, my arm automatically wrapping around her. "Even though it's a small wedding, everyone seems to be having a great time."

"You'd never guess that Brett's a millionaire," I chuckled. "Well, and Addie now, too." Addie had also quit working at the diner last week, and that was another reason to be happy for my brother.

"Wait, what?" she asked, looking up at me.

"Colter Security does very well for itself, love," I told her. "Maxwell really is a genius, and Colter Security holds a few security patents that has made them millions."

"But...Brett doesn't work for them, right?"

"My brothers don't care about any of that," I explained. "We're all unofficial stockholders and get quarterly earnings deposited into each of our bank accounts whenever they do their accounting."

Stevie took a step away from me. "Are you telling me that you're worth millions?"

"Whatever answer that will make you not leave me is the answer," I drawled out carefully.

"I think I'm going to faint."

Before I could say anything, Tracye was calling out for Abigail Winchester. "Bad cat!"

"I still can't believe that Brett actually let that demonic animal be in his wedding," I muttered.

"She really is a mean thing, isn't she?" Stevie chuckled, momentarily forgetting about my bank accounts. "I mean, she's beautiful, but the damn thing is pure evil."

Glancing around the backyard, I was quickly noticing something. "Love?"

"Yeah?"

"Is it just me, or do Bennett Campion and Winter keep disappearing?"

Stevie grinned up at me. "Nope, it's not just you."

Interesting.

Just then, Poppy came flying our way, flashing the stack of twenties that she was holding in her hand. "I won, losers!"

As Poppy raced around the backyard, Stevie let out a choked laugh. "Man, she's really rubbing it in that she won the pool."

Forgetting about Poppy's winnings, Abigail Winchester's terror, my bank accounts, Bennett and Winter disappearing, and even Brett and Addie, I turned Stevie in my arms, and when she looked up at me like I was her whole world, nothing could be better. Apart from Mom not being with us, this day was fucking perfect, and even Dad was holding up well.

"Love?"

"Yeah?"

"For the next four Sundays, we're going to be coming here for the next Colter wedding." Her face got serious. "My brothers refuse to wait any longer than they have to, and the only reason that they're spacing them out is because no one wants to have the same anniversary date."

"Clayton-"

"On that fifth week, it'll be our turn," I told her. "So, you've got a month to get used to the idea, because there's no way that I'm letting you get out of this, love."

"Just like that?"

I nodded. "Just like that."

"Tell me what I want to hear first, Colter #1," she teased.

"I love you, Stevie Whitley," I said. "And I'm going to love you my whole life, baby."

The End.