Chapter 2.New acquaintances and one idiot

The girl slowly climbed up the rock.  And then her hand finally touched the last ledge and, pulling herself up, the girl found herself on a flat, not vertical surface.

Veronika had a view of a strange place, there were about 7 hangars that were illuminated by several lanterns, looking in the other direction, the girl saw the runway on the sides also lit by small lanterns.

Here, from one of the largest hangars, came cheerful voices belonging to clearly different people.

  Then the girl heard the doors of one of the hangars located and did not regret from which the helicopter left.

- helicopter?  What?  The girl spoke quietly, almost without making a single sound.

- Who is going to fly somewhere at such a time?

Veronika already wanted to come up and ask for help, but something stopped her.

It was like an inner voice was telling her:
- don't, otherwise it will be bad

Forcing the girl in her own words to stand in the shade behind a tree.

The helicopter drove up to the hangar and pressed a strange pedal by the door.

The doors of the hangar opened and a bright light poured out of it, illuminating everything in front of it, including the tree behind which the girl was standing.

Veronika closed her eyes and after 2 seconds opening them quickly hid back behind the tree in the hope that she was not seen.

But unfortunately this was not the case.

- lights out was 2 hours ago, why are you still not sleeping?  Even though it was clear to whom that voice belonged, it was clear that he was furious.

- wait Blade - another male voice, but not so rude

— Blade?  What a strange name or nickname? .. - flashed through the girl’s head

– Hey, behind the tree, I saw you! Come out!

-Maru, are you out of your mind? There's no one there - looks like it was Blade?

–no, I'm sure that someone was there, come out for good, I said!

A teenager hesitated for 5 seconds and came out from behind a tree

- what the hell are you?  - the yellow SUV drove forward, the voice was clearly female

The girl stood up like a pillar looking at the cars. God. They all had eyes and mouths.

- is it reasonable at all? - the same voice, it belonged to a small loader that was painted grey-black, had a cap on his head and was missing a front tooth.

- not sure - red helicopter, it looks like this is Blade

- I... my name is Veronika...

The machines were clearly shocked that the "strange creature" did not just speak, but spoke their language.

— what the hell are you?

–aliens have arrived - the loader was interrupted by a large, gray plane.

— Cabby, what aliens? – Blade looked at the plane in disbelief.

No, but how else can you explain it?  Do you even know what it is?

I am she, not it – the girl said under her breath.

- what is your name though?  — the loader drove closer to the girl

In size, he was no higher than the average man (Approximately 175cm)

Maru, don’t get close to this, we don’t even know what it is. – Cabby looked at the girl warily.

- please stop calling me this and it, I'm the same living being as you, no matter how strange it may sound, but I think in this situation it's logical, and I'm also a girl, so I'm she, not it - Veronika said this with  with some irritation and slightly raising his voice, the teenager looked at the guys who were standing in a little shock.

- ha, I like you, I'm Maru - the loader handed one of his manipulators to the girl

-Veronika - the teenager extended his hand in response, as if "shaking Maru's manipulator"

- All right, go to sleep.  And with this ... Do what you want, but it would be desirable that she was not there - Blade glanced at the girl and turned to the ongars.

— come on Blade, she's not dangerous, why can't we leave her? –Maru looked at Blade questioningly.

- because she most likely also has somewhere to go and we don’t know who she is and whether we can trust her - the ranger said with some malice.

- I have nowhere.  I'm not from here at all.  It doesn't even look like it's from this world.

Are you still an alien? – Cabby looked at the girl.

- no, in general, it’s also not very familiar and normal for me to see talking cars.

- okay, let's talk tomorrow, otherwise if we don't go to bed tomorrow or maybe Blade will get it right now, by the way, he already seems to have left - Maru said looking around

The guys began to disperse through the hangars

Do creatures like you need sleep?  - Turning to the teenager asked Maru

- Yes

- Then come with me.

Maru drove to the one of hangar

- this is my workshop, settle down

- thank you so much

You are always welcome and good night. – With these words, Maru turned off the light.

- calm

The girl settled down in a free corner and, putting a backpack under her head, fell asleep in a matter of minutes.