Silena, And The Fleece

Swearing. That's really it for triggers.

Clarisse P.O.V

- ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~

This quest wasn't supposed to be this dangerous. 

Ok, that's a bit of a lie.

It was going to be dangerous, it doesn't take an Athena kid to figure it out. But she wasn't supposed to be the one in danger. I'm the child of violent war. I'm the fighter, the bully, the "evil" girl. I should have been in danger.

She's the daughter of love. Love is a battle field sure, but not a physical one. She shouldn't be put in this danger. She should be save, protected. She shouldn't have been in danger.

But no. She's stuck with me, on a hippocampi. She nearly got killed by that stupid, stupid, cyclops. We were a bunch of fools. We're fucking lucky there was ambrosia somehow floating around.

Prissy said something along the lines off, the hippocampi won't go any farther, something water something. I could care less, I hoisted princess(Silena) onto my back and started making a mad swim for the shore.

I have no clue if Poseidon wanted me dead, but I was not taking any chances with the fickle gods. It wouldn't be the smartest idea to drown any of us actually, but since when was stupidity a limiting factor in war?

We get to land all 6 of us, 4 active members, 1 knocked out cold, 1 trying not to knock out cold. They were talking about the fleece, if I remember correctly. Debating what they were going to do as Luke(that bastard) was certainly on our trail. Apparently Tyson had somehow grabbed enough money for a plane ride, but only for 2 people

Prissy eventually suggests I should deliver it. Which is nuts, but it's also Prissy.

"But I have Silena to worry about, and I'm not letting you guys take care of her. And I don't think it's the best idea to take her up into his domain right now." I state, only half meaning it.

"Clarisse, Silena will be fine. It's yours and her quest anyways, just go." Prissy almost yells at me, then tosses me the fleece and money.

- ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~

I begrudgingly run off, carrying a human on my back and covering that human with the fleece. I should have thought of that earlier, because Silena started moving around by the time I got to the airport. 

I sat down in the back row of waiting area, trying not to draw attention to two teenage kids, one who probably looked dead, by themselves. I don't know how anybody didn't notice us, but nobody did. Actually it was probably the mist, they probably saw two 18+ year olds chilling, with one under a golden colored blanket.

"Risse?" Silena mumbles quietly.

"You're alive, Princess." I say, just as quietly.

"Oh. That's a surprise." She said, trying to sit back up. She quickly grabbed at her side when she tried to do that.

I quickly grab her and gently lay her back into her original position. I guess she forgot what happened just a few hours ago. Can't blame her honestly.

"Where are we, Risse?" She asks, trying to keep her voice down. It probably hurts her to speak, considering the stomach wound.

"The airport, we're catching a flight back to camp." I say, trying not to sound too worried, she didn't need to be worried about me when she was the one with the stomach wound.

Apparently I did a terrible job because she reached her hand out for me to hold, and so I did. What? I'm not completely rude.

We just sat there, little to no talking to each other, until we had to board. I can't tell if the mist was fooling the mortals, or they just really trusted us. We boarded with no problems, and sat down in one of the seats with two open seats. 

From there it was just praying that the man above took pity on us. Silena and I held hands until way after take off, and when we did finally feel comfortable enough to let go, we just kinda stared at each other. 

"Do you know how to braid hair?" Silena asks, really randomly.

"Uh, probably." I say, awkwardly.

She then proceeded to hand me a hairbrush, and multiple hair ties and turned towards the window to let me braid her hair. I should have probably questioned it, but I didn't, and just went with it. It was good thing too because I just finished by the time we landed.

I think the fleece had helped heal her, because she was only slightly holding onto her side by the time we got outside the airport. Thankfully this airport was close to camp, maybe a 10 mile walk, which for Demi gods can be done pretty dang quickly. So we started running.

We made it to camp within 30 minutes, no monsters thankfully. We stopped right by Thalias pine. It looked awful, I don't know how it was still standing. I gave the fleece to Silena, she deserved to do it more than I did.

Silena went and placed the fleece on one of the branches, looking gorgeous while doing so. We then rushed into camp, and everybody was shocked to see us. 

It felt great that night, just sitting by the campfire. Me and Princess next to each other, watching as the shrouds were burned. Just the two of us, even though we knew the trio +1 was nearby, it didn't matter. Holding hands, her head leaning onto my shoulder. I could have stayed there much longer than we did.

- ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~ - ~ + ~

Words : 902