I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 18

Start from the beginning

"Hinata! Please, let me explain everything. I know you're mad at me but please talk to me!" Kiba continued knocking on the door.

Placing my palm on my forehead, I recalled what my friend did last night. I closed my eyes. Right, he was just one of the accomplice for the proposal. Even one of my few trusted friends can betray me!

I stood and rolled down my jacket's sleeve and went out of my room. I walked further to the door and reached for the knob contemplating whether to open the door or not.

Kiba knows I can't stay mad at my friends and he's always proud of that. He always tells me I am the greatest and most amazing friend he ever had.

If he thinks of me that way, why would he do such a thing that would hurt me?

"Hinata...please..." It was the first time I heard his voice shake like he was about to cry. My hands acted involuntarily and opened the door that was separating me from my friend.

"K-Kiba-kun! W-What's wrong?" I smiled at him acting like I was clueless about what he was saying.

He took a step forward and embraced me. "I'm sorry! Hinata!"

"E-Ehh??? F-For what Kiba-kun?", sounding really innocent.

"Huh?!" Kiba let go of me with a face filled with confusion. "W-What-"

"Come in, Kiba-kun" I smiled again before walking back inside to turn on the lights. I heard him followed me inside.

"W-Why is it so dark in here?" He asked.

I chuckled as I flicked the switch, "That's because I just woke up, Kiba-kun." My eyes squinted while I looked at the light.

"Blood..." I heard him speak.

My eyes went wide as I immediately pulled even more down the left sleeve of my jacket, "B-B-Blood?"

"Yeah." He was staring at me. I'm doomed. I bit my lip and looked to my side.

"H-Hey, are you alright? I was just telling you there's blood on your cheek." Kiba said.

I gasped but I was very relieved deep inside. I thought Kiba have seen the cut on my wrist already. "M-My cheek?" I carefully touched my face searching for the crimson stain.

"Your left cheek", Kiba said while he pointed his left cheek telling me where exactly it is.

"O-Ohhh" I touched my cheek and saw blood in my fingers. Oh no! If Kiba finds out he would stop me for sure!

Keep calm, Hinata. Kiba hasn't noticed it, right? Keep calm-

-"Why do you have blood on your face, Hinata?" Kiba asked.

Eeeep! I immediately rubbed my cheek removing the stain on my face. "I-I-I...I have just murdered some chicken for dinner! Hehehe!" My laugh was obviously fake.

"Hahahaha!!! Oh my God, Hinata! I didn't know you're now a chicken murderer!" Did Kiba just laughed at my joke? "Come on! Let me taste the chicken freshly murdered by my friend! Haha!", Kiba continued.

...But there's no chicken. Really.

"No, you can't. It's for breakfast." I said.

"Huh? But you just said it's for dinner!" Kiba furrowed his eyebrows.

Yikes! "D-Did I really said that? Hehe. My thoughts must have been wandering around again.", trying to cover up my mistake.

"Yeah." Kiba scratched the back of his head. "Anyway, you have something to eat tonight?"