Two

،وہ کہاں گیا جو کہتا تھا
ٹوٹ کے بکھرو تو بتانا ہم کو
ریت کے زارون سے بھی چن لو گا تمہیں۔

Wo Kahan gaya jo kehta tha,
Toot ke bikhro to btana hum ko,
Rait ke zaaron se bhi chun lun ga tumhe.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Emaaz: 22
Layla: 16

Summer vacations couldn't come faster for Layla. This time when she was going to visit Durrani Mahal, she was sure of her feelings towards Emaaz Durrani.

Her Emaaz.

She knew the truth by now. Confused by his antics growing up, not anymore though. Now she knew why Emaaz Durrani treated her differently.

She loved him with all of her tiny little heart.

Layla was sweet sixteen now. By now she knew how to cover herself with dupatta. She knew a lot of things by now.

Though what was Emaaz to her now? Could she call him her boyfriend?

No she scrunched her little pink button nose. That sounded generic, superficial and not at all what their relationship was.

She often felt their relationship was something old, like something that already existed. Some phenomena which was centuries old. A folk melody that people chanted for thousand of years till today.

She raised her thick eye lashes towards the mirror and saw her grey eyes reflecting back her love towards Emaaz. Her pink lips trembled like her heart thinking about meeting Emaaz after five years.

Emaaz left Durrani Mahal when he was accepted in one of IV league universities abroad. Layla was deeply effected by his absence so she left Durrani Mahal and shifted in their city house for her further studies and every holiday she came back home. Even though Emaaz called less and less over the years. Layla never doubted their feelings towards each other.

She got angry when he never came back to Durrani Mahal in holidays. But her heart forgave Emaaz every single time he refused. So she started asking of him less and less. And he started calling less often.

Layla was a bookworm. She never joined social media and was always found reading a book. Hakim sahab joked that she was mini Mumtaz begum. Sure enough, she was brought up by her Bee Maa. She was a little clone of hers, no doubt.

Layla loved Mumtaz and Hakim deeply. So she just couldn't say no to them for anything.

Layla's thoughts turned back to that eventful day that made her never again question her feeling towards Emaaz.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

Layla: 12
Emaaz: 18

"Maaz.. Maaz, Maa bee keh rahi hai ap mujhe chor ke ja rahe hai.." Layla came in his room again without knocking and hugged Emaaz who was just opening the buttons of his shirt so he could sleep in his boxers.

He stumbled from the force at which she launched herself at him and then automatically grabbed her tiny hands in his massive paws as Layla use to call them and sighed.

He could feel her sobbing at his back, her little frame shook with tears with heart wrenching sobs.

"Maaz, kya ap hume chor ke chale jayenge?" Layla asked in a small voice.

Emaaz steeled his nerves and turned towards her. He gathered her little body into his chest and kissed her hair partition.

"Stop crying" He said in a firm smooth voice.