One

یہ تو ظرف ظرف کی بات ہے،
کوئی کہ گیا تو کوئی رہہ گیا۔

Yeh to zarf zarf ki bat hai,
Koi keh gaya
To koi seh gaya..!

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Emaz: 18
Layla: 12

Little dainty feets could be heard running across the white pristine marble floors of Durrani Mahal. Badi bee also knowns as Mumtaz Begum, wife to Hakim Durrani was lady of the house who was sat at her throne which was a divan laid at one of the major halls in Durrani residence. The hall was decorated with opulence and grace reflecting the Durrani name. Beautiful artefacts and chandeliers gave it an aristocratic look. Expensive paintings lined the walls tastefully. Crystals reflected the soft hues of light coming from glass windows which overlooked the massive lush green estate.

Badi bee sighed knowing the rainbow of tornado running to hide in her embrace was her little heart Layla Durrani. The coolness of Hakim's and her eyes. The reason to her seeking solace was just two steps behind her. In all his six feet glory Emaz Durrani followed behind her with his jaw set in a hard line and lines marring his beautiful forehead. If Layla was their heart, Emaz was their pillar of strength. Already one step ahead of his father and uncles, Emaz was set to rule the throne of Durrani's. Despite his age, he was wise beyond years. Already been groomed to take over the reins from his father Hammad Durrani of their massive estate.

"Ruk jao Layla bache, sambhal ke, chot lag jayegi.." Badi bee chided little Layla who immediately climbed her divaan and hid behind her pashmina shawl sobbing softly.

Mumtaz begum's heart constricted, she couldn't see her little heart in tears so she directed her glare at Emaz.

"Puche is se, ye Rahim ke sath kya kar rahi thi is halat me.. puche is se badi maa" Emaz said seething while Layla's pink dupatta was wrapped around his right fist.

"Ye kya tareeka hai bat karne ka Emaz, ye tarbiyat ki hai humne apki, chore Layla ka dupatta." Mumtaz begum chided.

She somehwere knew the reason of Emaz'z anger. She just couldn't be bothered because she knew somehwere deep inside Emaz loved Layla the most. He knew it, every stone and leaf of Durrani Mahal knew it. Layla wasn't so sure though.

"Badi maa mene ise mana kiya hai Rahim ya kisi bhi dusre larko ke sath khelne me. Wo bhi beger dupatte ke. Is se puche ye nange sir waha kya kar rahi thi." He growled and tried to see her but she just hid more in Mumtaz begum.

"Bee maa mere se ni liya jata dupatta. Me sambhalti hu, wo phisal jata hai. Me phir sir pe leti hu, wo phir gir jata hai. Me kya karu." Layla stated her problem while sobbing lightly to which Mumtaz begum heart squeezed painfully. She immediately hugged Layla to her chest.

"Idar ao mere bachi, dekho mere dil ka kya hal kardia hai apne Emaz, Khuda puche apse, itna ghussa kuon karte hai ap. Itna sa mun nikal aya hai meri bachi ka. Choti hai abhi Layla, samjhaya tha humne apko, ke hum sikha rahe hai use dupatta lena.. lekin ap bhi na.." She said consoling Layla to her chest and Emaz stormed away from there throwing Layla's dupatta on divan.

Layla peeked from Bee Amma's embrace and saw the square muscular back of Emaz. She squeaked realising now Emaz was angry with her and she just didn't know how to make it right. Like always.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

When evening approached everyone gathered at the dining table to have food. Layla was hungry from all the crying and ordeal of the afternoon so she sat there salivating at kheer which was just being put at the table. She was just about to eat it when she realised Emaz was not there. She pouted sadly at kheer and got up on her way to Emaz's room.