14 It's Been A While

Two Weeks Later

Two Weeks Later

The charter bus stops in front of the gymnasium and I'm ecstatic about finally being back on campus for several reasons.

When we arrive, there's fans and cheerleaders awaiting our arrival.

"Damn, it's like we just played in the final four,"
Ashton says and I agree as the assistant coach stands to his feet.

"Imagine how crazy it'll be when we do make it," I comment.

"It's crazy, fellas. Trust me!" An upperclassman tells us before we hear are assistant coach clears his voice.

"Look, I know you all have heard about Head Coach Toppin's resignation. We hate that he had to leave. But family comes first. So please continue to pray for his family. On another note, the Athletic Director is actively seeking your next head coach. Don't be surprised if he or she doesn't come walking through the gym doors soon. Which means all of you guys who assumed you had a starting position on this team,
may not. That also means some of the freshman have a chance to make noise in the lineup. So put in the work!"

Ashton smiles and we couldn't be happier about the Coach change because we didn't stand a chance against the older guys when our previous coach was around.

"Did you hear that, my boy?" Ashton says excitedly as we wait for our turn to step off of the bus.

I hear him loud and clear as we walk off, but my attention shifts straight to Olivia as she holds up a small sign for me to see.

"Spencer James is number one!" She chants as we hug.

"Thank you," I tell her as we let go.

"Do you like my sign?" She asks and I look at her drawings.

"Is that the Wawa symbol?" I question and she giggles.