FF Extras: A Morning Run

There was something about waking up and finding yourself in a tangle of limbs, with two other people on and off a couch, that was just so sobering and humiliating at the same time. If you could go back in time and tell yourself that you'd be staying up late with classmates, playing Wii games, and overdoing it on sugary snacks and drinks, you'd have given yourself a funny look.

God...you had class later today. You don't know how you let yourself get carried away...

"Snoorreee...Mmm...no, no...you're...doin' it wrong...Fushiguro.....'ike 'is..."

Right, it was because of these two.

With a small grunt, you pulled yourself out underneath Yuji's legs and Kugisaki's torso, both of which had left you sitting on the floor to wait for the sensation of your legs to return.

Well...maybe a run would get them to wake up fully.

And so, you picked yourself up off the floor, albeit precariously, and then hobbled over to the door. You glanced back to see Kugisaki pull her arm away from Yuji, trying to clutch it to his chest and press a palm to his face. The latter muttered under his breath, still asleep, and accepted the new pressure squishing his cheek.

Fushiguro was somewhat curled nearby, away from where the three of you had slept for the night but close enough to remain within an arm's reach. He shifted slightly at Yuji's noise and lulled himself back to sleep. Huh, if Fushiguro wasn't up yet, you either woke up exceptionally early, or they were all still dealing with the sugar crash and exhaustion of the previous night.

With that thought, you remembered to grab your phone from the coffee table at the center, noting to come back, put away your game console later, and help pick up some of the trash. You couldn't remember who was the person who drank all those seltzer waters...

Shaking your head, you quietly exited the room to not disturb the slumbering teens.

After washing your face, changing out of your clothes from the night before, and into a tracksuit, you returned to the common room with a few trash bags to separate and organize your mess. By this time, Fushiguro was already awake and mulling over the night's events on the couch, hunched over. Yuji had finally stirred awake with the sliding of the door and jolted to attention when the bags in your hand rustled.

"Mornin', sleeping beauties," you greeted in a mutter. "A new season of Bleach was dropped while you snoozed away."

"You serious?" Yuji slurred, half-awake.

You couldn't help but stare at him, amazed he could believe such a fluffed-up lie at first before having pity on him and then giving him the truth.

"No."

"Mannnn," he groaned, pressing his back against the couch. "Never gonna see the final arc animated."

While he was still hung up about Bleach, you walked over and tried to shake Kugisaki awake. Who would've known she was such a heavy sleeper? Maybe she was the most tired out of all of you.

"Kugisaki, it's time to wake up," she at least gave a small groan to let you know she was awake and not dead, and you gave her one more shake before moving along one end of the room to pick up a seltzer can.

"Who was the one to suggest Mario Kart again?" You rubbed your temple. "I told you that we wouldn't stop at five rounds."

"No," Yuii groaned from the couch. "It was fun...! We had fun...!"

"Pipe down," Kugisaki moaned, punching Yuji's side, albeit with sloppy technique and force. "You're too loud...."

The two began to bicker, and you tried to tune them out as you collected more cans and deposited them in your bag. You turned to see how Fushiguro was faring and saw him rubbing the bridge of his nose, seeming to stare into the void through the coffee table.