So I decide to head straight to Yara's room.

"Well, look who decided to come out of his hole!" She says sarcastically as she opens the door.

I don't speak. Instead, I drop my head and she does exactly what I knew she would do.

"It'll be okay, Spence! You're not a bad guy. You just made a mistake." She says calmly as she opens her arms for a hug.

Our embrace isn't long, but it's meaningful. And I appreciate my friend for always being emotionally available for me. Even when I don't necessarily deserve it.

"You can say it," I mumble as I sit down at her computer desk.

"Say what?"

"You told me to tell Olivia sooner rather than later and I blew it. So you were right. You can say that!" I explain and she rubs the top of my head as I exhale.

 You can say that!" I explain and she rubs the top of my head as I exhale

"I'm not going to do that. Besides, I'm kind of glad all of that text message stuff is over. Now we can get back to why we're here in the first place. Our degrees, basketball, and the occasional party, once or twice a week." She responds.

"I just can't stop thinking about the look on Olivia's face when she heard those numbers," I say to myself. "And what's fucked up is we didn't even get a chance to get started."

"I know it sucks. But maybe it was never meant to be in the first place." Yara tells me as she raises up two sets of silky—revealing pajama sets in her closet mirror.

"You sleep in sweats and a t-shirt. Why do you have those?" I ask as I take a second look.

"There's a pajama party in McGraw House tonight."

"Damn girl, you go to more parties than you go to class."

She giggles. "That's not true. But the AKAs are starting to address me by name."

"Pajama parties, welcome parties—- it's a lot." I counter.

"And that's exactly why I didn't bother to invite you to either. Besides, I know the routine by now."

"Really?" I ask curiously before laying down on my favorite spot in her bed.

"You would've turned me down just to show up and show out for another girl," she says and I fan my hand dismissively.

"I went to one party because I wanted to get to know Olivia. Stop acting like I never show up for you."

"You turned down a perfectly good chance to Wobble, just to turn around and do exactly what I asked you to do with her. But it's not even important anymore." She says dismissively.

"Are you serious right now?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Did I lie?"

"I didn't think it was a big deal, Yara!" I say confused.