"That's fine, it was the best decision, we'll be waiting for you in the lobby, make sure you are ready and prepared to do anything we ask, even if it is to step back, understand?" Heaven knows how hard this must be on her and for her, but he can not have her getting in his way while trying to be well meaning, so he makes sure she knows exactly what he means by that, waiting for her answer. "Alright." It's hesitant, but clear that she is in fact agreeing, and then a click as she hangs up, moments before she bursts through the doors, Heaven and the nurses rushing into action so quickly that the girl barely has a chance to do more than relax her grip before Accelerator is swept away, placed on a bed, untangled and stats are being called back and forth as they move down hallways. Mikoto follows them until one nurse finally places a hand on her shoulder and tells her she can't go any further, giving her brief, blunt directions to the waiting room, before hurrying through the doors as quickly as she can.

The girl takes a moment to breathe, fear and worry still strong in her chest, because she doesn't know what might happen now. She's scared and she hasn't even told the others yet and oh no, the others, what is she going to do, what is she going to tell them? She knows her breathing has lost rhythm, but she can't help it, she had not been prepared or ready for this and it had managed to catch her by surprise. A nearby nurse notices and he gently leads her through a breathing exercise, before guiding her to the waiting room and leaving her with water. Mikoto stares at it, watching the water for a few moments, before she reaches into her pocket for her phone, debating who to call first. Heaven hurries, moving easily and calmly around the nurses as they do him, handing him what he needs, as he races to make sure the stupid albino survives this damn illness.

Once everything is in place and they are finally managing to get some responses from the immune system which had been a little slow, they settle him in a room in the ICU, just in case, since he's never been sick they can't risk him getting worse, and while the family will get to see him through a window, they can't interact with him for fear they bring in something he's too weak to currently fight in any ways, given his already compromised system. He knows they won't like that, but perhaps worse than that is he might know what is affecting the teenager, and it has him worried, because he is only 15 and this happens to have a pretty high fatality rate with teenagers. He has an idea how he might've gotten it too, given the way these idiots have been living together. It also shows that the kid had indeed not gotten any shots of any kind when he was a baby or young child, so he'll have to go through and give him the things he's missing.

Heaven heads out and towards the waiting room, unsurprised to find everyone there, not even Worst, all looking worried and some - Touma and Last Order - pacing the floor, all looking out of order and slightly guilty. They all whip their heads towards him the moment the doors open and he heads for them with heavy steps, because he hates giving news like he's about to. "Alright, he's currently doing a bit better, but we've got him in the ICU. You won't be able to directly interact with him at the moment, but you will be allowed to observe through a window and once he wakes up, converse through a speaker. Now, I have a question. Have you been sharing utensils or such the last few days?" They had not expected that, but they all try to think back, nothing standing out all that much. Touma and Mikoto share a look. "I mean, I accidentally used his toothbrush, so he had to use mine." The noir looks sheepish. "Same, I snatched his toothbrush in my rush one morning and then he used it, so there's that." Mikoto is clearly trying to figure out what the doc is going here, but Yomikawa and Yoshikawa look like they've already figured it out, hands covering their mouths.

"No, you're not saying..." The woman is trying not to cry, because she didn't even consider it since most people get the vaccine, forgetting that at that young of an age - a baby - the albino had been abandoned and taken in by researchers who were more interested in his ability than him and his health. "God damn them." Yoshikawa growls, hands clenched into fists and glaring at the floor, which draws the kids attention. Heaven heaves a heavy sigh and decides to break the news. "I'm almost certain Accelerator has meningitis, but until the last few tests come through, I won't know for certain. Usually you're vaccinated as a baby, but given everything, he wasn't and I doubt he has any of the other shots, so I'm already scheduling those once he recovers. However, you should also understand that with his immune system having never fought anything before, even with assistance, he might not make it." It breaks the doctor to even have to say it, but he won't lie to them or to himself.

"No!" None of them are really certain who exactly denies it, just knows that they agree with it, every fiber of all of them ready to fight in order to make sure that outcome does not come, no matter what. Surely they can find something magic or science or fucking both that can help them with getting the dumbass out of his current situation, but they'll have to use some of their contacts, favors and other such in order to potentially get through with that. They don't mind, as long as their stupid pale, annoying, warm, albino comes back to them alive and perhaps not immediately healthy, but certainly with the room to get there. It takes a few more days before the albino even wakes up, much less makes any progress in getting better, with his fever spiking and the tests coming back to prove it is meningitis, Heaven marking it as a personal case and making sure he is called first for any changes, since he knows the boy had some allergies - discovered through trial and error while trying to medicate him as well as get samples - that can not be fucked with since he's already sick and weakened.

Security around the hospital has been increased, to accommodate the fact they have a level 5 that is weakened and the target of quite a few people who would definitely take this as a chance to kill him if they think it'll get him out of their hair. The day Accelerator wakes up is rainy, Heaven sleeping in one of the break rooms, the others all in the waiting room since they've not got any jobs, school or anything to worry about and want to know as soon as the albino gets better, or worse. Accelerator for his part wakes up in pain, aching and wishing desperately to go right the hell back to sleep so he doesn't have to deal with this, but he knows damn well that he can't. With a groan, he slowly shifts his head to the side, trying to find the damn remote they always leave nearby for patients in the hospital, especially since it's important, and he is such a large target. Moving his hand to hit the right button takes a moment as well, but he manages, groaning as it aggravates some of the aches, making them more pronounced, but there is no way he's staying here for longer than he has to and waits as patiently as possible, glad someone had charged his battery given he knows it's more than passed the three or so days it usually lasts, since his ability keeps track of time like that, honing his inner clock well.

"Oh, you're awake! Give me a moment, I just have to get the doctor." He barely gets to see much less speak to the nurse before they dip back out of the room and are gone again, leaving him to blink and huff in exasperation, wishing he could remove the damn face mask, but he already knows he doesn't really have the energy and something tells him it is extremely important so he doesn't' bother it, deciding to wait for Heaven, since he has no doubt that's who is watching over him. The sound of quickly approaching footsteps is loud - making him wonder exactly how many are coming - but only the doctor enters, which has him relaxing, leveling a look at him. "I know, but the mask is helping you fight the meningitis since you were not vaccinated and honestly needs to stay. For now, hold still while I do a quick check and then we'll go from there." Heaven moves quickly but efficiently, checking everything to ensure this means progress, since it has been about 2 weeks since the dumbass was admitted.

"Alright, you're finally making progress in recovering. It'll still be a few more days before I am willing to let you go home and get taken care of, but you're going to need someone to check on you every few hours and you will have me on speed dial, understand?" Heaven makes damn sure he makes this clear, because anything less might cause them to lose the boy and that is not acceptable. "Alright doc, as long as I can leave soon I don't give a damn. Where the fuck are the others?" The doctor doesn't get to answer as a click rings through the room and then the sounds of sobbing, cheers and shuffling are heard. "We're right here, we just aren't allowed in yet since you're still at risk for potentially getting something else." Yomikawa sounds relieved and breathless, Accelerator turning his head to blink at the window, where he can see the rest of the family looking at him in some way. He gives them a tired smile and shifts around, but it's clear he's still tired, with the way he's slumped on the bed and his blinks getting slower, until he slips into sleep again, but none of them can be upset given he survived.

(If they all smother the albino a bit for the first few days he's home, well, no one needs to know. If they make sure to start taking more pictures with him - just in case, as sad as the thought is - then that's no one's business but they're own. The albino gets better, but any time he looks like he might be getting sick, they're quick to get him to rest, something they notice he easily turns on them when they start to get sick. Not that they mind.)