"You still need to introduce me to your one-eyed friend," I said. She flushed.

"His name is Gloo," she answered. I furrowed my brows, and she buried her face in my neck. "As in igloo."

I felt my heart catch at how cute she was and pulled her closer. I took her leg and wrapped it around me. She pulled back and smiled nervously at me. I got close to her face.

"Want to have some fun before we go to school?"

---

I kissed Eddie goodbye before he crawled out of my window to go pretend like he was picking me up for school and had not, in fact, spent the night with me. I watched him crawl down the tree and went back to my dresser, still fluttery from our morning romp.

I looked in the mirror, smoothing my hair and fixing my shirt. Eddie had begged to pick my outfit out. I had to shut the request down when he picked out a crop top and a skirt from middle school. I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled.

I seemed different – I had a new confidence that I was no longer faking. I felt happier than I had since I moved to Hawkins, and I knew no small part of it was because of Eddie. He brought out the real Margot.

My heart skipped when I heard the doorbell, and I knew it was Eddie pretending that he had just gotten there. I grabbed my bag and bounded down the stairs, racing outside before my parents could harass my boyfriend. Once I closed the door behind me, I threw my arms around Eddie's neck and kissed him hard. I pulled back and grinned at Eddie's wide-eyed stare and goofy smile.

"What was that for?" he asked breathlessly. I smiled wider and kissed him again.

"Just for being you," I answered. His stare softened and he kissed me quickly. He took my hand and walked me to Shelob.

"You know how to make a guy weak in the knees, princess," Eddie complimented as he helped me into the chair.

"You and your lines," I teased. He winked and closed the door before trotting around the van and getting in. He took my hand as he started off, singing along to the music. I watched him, thrilled that he was mine.

"Penny for your thoughts, pretty girl?" Eddie asked, grinning at me. I shrugged.

"I'm just smitten with you," I answered. He flushed and pressed his lips to my knuckles. He pulled into the school parking lot, and we got out, immediately coming together again. Eddie had his arm around me possessively, his lips planted on my head. I had an arm around his waist, and we walked in together, just watching each other and giggling at nothing.

"Hey, Margot!" a meek voice greeted. I looked away from Eddie and my stomach dropped when I saw Chrissy. I glared at her.

"Hey," I answered coldly. Her eyes were sad.

"Can we please talk? I've been trying to call," she asked. I shook my head.

"No, Chrissy, I don't want to talk," I said. She looked down at her feet. Eddie squeezed me and I looked up at him.

"Talk to her, Go – she's upset," he said quietly. I glared at him.

"Eddie, she—"

"I know, princess. But she's upset and she wants to talk to her best friend," he interrupted. I wanted to get mad at him, but he kissed me on the forehead, and I melted. I sighed and nodded at him. He dropped me and walked towards my locker to wait for me. I crossed my arms and looked at Chrissy.

"Margot, I'm so sorry," Chrissy started, crossing to me. "We're just worried about you, and we didn't know what to do."

"I don't understand why you're both so worried," I replied, becoming exasperated with her excuses. "Has Eddie done something to make you concerned for my safety?"

"Well, no—"

"So, I'm dating a nice, sweet guy, who treats me like gold and loves me, and you're worried?"

"That's, well, that's not it," she stammered, shaking her head. I raised my eyebrows, waiting for her to explain herself. She sighed. "You're really going to make me say it?"

"Say what?" I baited. She watched me for a beat before looking at her feet.

"Margot, he's a dork. He's not part of our crowd – we're popular, and he's a freak," she said quickly. I felt a wave of sadness when I realized that my friends would never have let me into their circle if they knew who I was before I moved here.

"Chrissy – I was a dork before I moved here. I was lame, and uncool, and everything you just described Eddie as," I explained. Her eyes widened.

"Margot, no—"

"Yes," I interrupted. She was at a loss for words. "So, maybe consider that before we talk again."

I left her, sadness boring through my stomach. Eddie was leaned up against my locker, joking with Gareth and Jeff. He finally noticed me, and his face switched to worry as I buried my face in his chest and wrapped my arms around his back. He pulled me closer, and I tried to fight back tears.

"What happened?" he asked quietly, rubbing my back. I closed my eyes and breathed him in. Jeff and Gareth said goodbye, kind enough to give me some space.

"It just didn't go well," I answered. He kissed the top of my head.

"I'm sorry, Go, I shouldn't have pushed it."

"It's not your fault," I replied. He squeezed me closer to him and kissed my head again. I looked up at him and he smiled at me. "I'm glad you like me for me."

His eyes softened as he watched me.

"I love you for you," he corrected. I smiled, and my sadness started to ebb away. He kissed my forehead.

"You're coming to dinner tonight, right?" I asked, sounding pathetic. He grinned and nodded his head.

"I'll need to go home to get changed after school – will you come with me so I dress right?"

I nodded quickly and he kissed me softly before we started to our first class. I leaned into him and sighed.

It was nice to be loved for me.