17. Be Friends

I woke, staring at the celling directly above me. All of the events from the day washed over me.

I grew embarrassed at my own recklessness. Throwing my hands to cover my eyes as I sighed.

My hands dropped back down to my sides as I scanned over the room.

Everything looked the same as when I left it this morning, however my blanket was back over me.

I rubbed my hand over it, recalling the amount of fear and insecurities I faced this morning. Although I no longer felt like the same person I was some hours ago. Something inside me has changed. I couldn't quite describe it.

Suddenly, the door opened. I don't know why, but I closed my eyes pretending to still be asleep. I was still embarrassed by my rashness from before and wasn't in the state of mind to discuss it just yet.

"Shh, she's still sleeping." Midoriya sounded out.

"Leave her to rest. She pushed herself a lot today." My brother's voice added.

"We can't just leave her food here. It'll get cold." Midoriya said.

"Let's put fresh bandages on her bullet wound. It's been five hours already."

I felt the covers being moved to the side and my leg exposed to the air.

"You guys are doing it all wrong! They're way to loose!" Bakugo's rather harsh tone suddenly chimed.

"Bakugo lower your voice. She's still sleeping." Shoto commanded.

"Plus we don't want to make it to tight to hurt her." Midoriya's concern was so sweet.

"Let me do it. Dumb nerds can't handle such a simple thing.

There were some slightly loud stomps before I felt a slight push down of the bed. Calloused hands ran over my thigh and took hold of the bandages. They were now wrapped tighter, almost to tight.

A sudden harsh pull, rubbing against the bullet wound shot me up, wincing slightly. I grabbed my thigh as it was aching and slowly opened my eyes to three very shocked boys.

"I'm sorry we woke you (L/N)!" Midoriya's face looked like a sweet little puppy.

"It's okay... How long was I out for?"

"About five hours. The nurse told us we had to change it after that amount of time." Shoto's monotone voice didn't match his posture and gaze that looked like he was going to murder the angry blond.

I looked down as my leg, Bakugo's hand still resting on one side, his other hand holding the rest of the bandage. Still trying to fix up the bandage.

"Y'know for future heroes, you guys should really learn how to properly fix yourself up." I said, talking the bandage from the boy.

I wrapped my leg with ease, tucking the access under another side. "See?"

"Tch, if you knew you should've done it yourself from the start!"

"She was asleep... So how could she have before?"

"LAZY IS WHAT SHE IS! DUMB FLYING RAT!"

"Furthest from it. Taking down a crime circle by herself is no easy feat."

I watched as my brother and Bakugo bickered with each other. Midoriya on the other hand went by the door, grabbing some takeout bags.

"Well sense we're all here lets eat to celebrate a good first day!"

"I'm out." Bakugo started to get up, but I grabbed his arm.

"Can't we just eat together?" I asked, gazing up at him.