16. For once

"THAT FLYING RAT DID ALL OF THIS?!" A loud voice boomed from outside.

My body jumped up as I was suddenly brought back to reality. I shoved the paper back into my pocket, softly clutching the outside of it. The fatigue washed over me.

"Bakugo lower your voice!" Another familiar one hollered back.

I limped towards the exit, clutching onto my glass scraped arms, squinting at the light.

A form stormed towards me, grabbing onto my forearms. "What were you thinking (L/N))?! Look at you your bleeding!" Shoto sounded.

"I wasn't thinking to be honest..." I sadly admitted, it left a weird taste to openly say I wasn't carefully analyzing as I have been doing for years up until now.

"At least she's okay y'know?" Midoriya trotted over.

Bakugo scoffed from behind me "I wouldn't say that. Look at her leg."

My face tensed 'I completely forgot about that..'

The two boys circled around, trying to eye my leg. I tucked my wings down, covering them entirely. "It's not a big deal, I can take care of it later."

"No you fucking can't! That's a god damn bullet wound!"

I quickly turned around, but landed on my leg funny making my face irk.

"Yeah, sorry (L/N) we're not gonna let you walk on that anymore." They started to step towards me, but I stepped backwards.

Before I could get away, I was being scooped up and thrown over someone's shoulder. "You're going to a medic whether you like it or not rat" He clung onto the back of my upper legs, keeping me from being able to push away no matter what I did.

I felt nervousness creep up inside. I had been looking and caring after my injuries myself for so long, I got worried that their may be more to uncover than what occurred in the battle.

"Hey you-" Bakugo called to a paramedic who turned around giving a puzzled look. "This one's got a bullet in her right leg. Take care of it."

He plopped me down, and stepped back for the paramedics to look at it.

She took my leg and began to remove the boot on my right leg. "Is it on the back of the leg?" She asked the more the boot got off.

"It's logged in her upper thigh." Bakugo chimes in.

I looked up, making eye contact with the blonde.

He didn't seem so grumpy like usual. I couldn't exactly read his face. His eyebrows weren't furrowed but he had a frown.

"I'm sorry ma'am I'm gonna need you to sit on your knees, back facing me in order to see the injury."

I blinked, forcing out of eye contact.

"Oh right- sorry" I awkwardly shuffled, turning myself over, my feet now hanging off of the ambulance edge. Now on my hands and knees, struggling to keep my hair out of my face.

"Okay, I'm about to apply some pressure along different points of your leg. Let me know if you feel any pain.

She started from the lowest and top points of my leg before getting closer to the bullet wound. It was maybe 5 different presses before I hissed slightly around my mid calf.

"So there is where it is?" She confirmed.

I looked back, at her, using one hand to brush some hair behind my ear. "Yeah, it was fine for a bit but that point was really bad."

She hummed. Scanning the bullet area a bit more.

My eyes drifted over to where the blonde was still standing. Only now he was leaning against the building, with his eyes closed. Midoriya and my brother were with him, talking to each other.