"He's one of my close friends from the Survey Corps." Rosa simply said and left it at that, noticing Kira growing tired as the night carried on. "You can meet him if you want to join me tomorrow."

"I want to join...!" Kira muttered, feeling her eyes grow heavy as Rosa slowly rested the little girl's head on her pillow.

"Then let's head to bed." Rosa grinned, arranging Kira's thin brown hair on her face, placing a kiss on her granddaughter's forehead. "Sleep well, darling."

"Good night, Nana..." Kira yawned, slowly closing her eyes to rest.

"Sweet dreams, my lovely."

• • • • •

"Rosa! It's good to see you!" A loud and hearty voice came from above Kira. "Been a while since you've visited."

"You too, Kuklo!" As Rosa let go of her granddaughter's hand, she accepted Kuklo's hug, with a light giggle. While Kira stared up at the older man, she observed his prominent features. He had dark brown hair that spiked out in various directions – it was short and flowed from left to right. Across the bridge of his nose, a long length of his right eye and his left cheek to down his neck were scars. The most obvious scar was the one on his left eye, he couldn't even open it. "Where's Sharle?"

"She's back in the Industrial City for another business venture." Kuklo explained.

"Ah, that's unfortunate, I wanted to introduce you all to my granddaughter." Rosa gazed down, as her hand returned back to Kira, patting her head gently.

"Granddaughter? I didn't know you had a granddaughter!" Kuklo exclaimed, glancing down at the young girl who was attached to Rosa's left leg. Kneeling down, he gave Kira a warm smile, squeezing her cheeks. "You look just like your grandma, kiddo."

"Why don't you introduce yourself to Kuklo." Rosa suggested.

"I'm Kira...!" Kira shyly said. "It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too, Kira." Kuklo said, ruffling her neat straight hair. "Let's get you two in. I have someone who wants to meet you, I think you'll get along with her."

Standing up, he led the two into his home, where, sitting on a chair, was a young girl with long, straight, blonde hair that shone in the light of the sun from the window. Leaning on the table she was sitting at; the girl was doodling on a piece of paper.

"Erina, we have visitors." Kuklo called out, as he made his way to the dining table the young girl, Erina, was sitting at. "Go and greet them."

"Okay..." Erina mumbled, jumping off her chair, approaching the two, "I'm Erina."

"It's been a while, hasn't it Erina?" Rosa exclaimed, crouching down, "The last time I saw you, you were this big!"

"Mhm...!" Erina nodded, a smile growing along her clear, porcelain skin. Using her arms, she started to mark out how tall she was at that moment, "I used to be this small, and now I'm this big!"

"Erina, why don't you take Kira upstairs to play? Rosa and I have a lot to talk about." Kuklo suggested, to which the girl obediently nodded.

"I'll take you to my room...!" Erina said, holding her hand out, which Kira took with a smile. Giggling as they ran, the two children went to Erina's small room. The wooden floorboards were covered in a couple of plush toys that were scattered around. Letting go of her new friend's hand, Erina crouched down to pick up her beloved plush bear. Presenting it towards Kira with a smile, she announced, "This is Mr. Snuffles!"

"Nice to meet you Mr. Snuffles." Kira politely said, shaking the hand of the bear that Erina had pushed out towards her.

"It's nice to meet you too, Kira." Erina muffled and lowered her voice the best she could to imitate the voice she imagined her bear to have. "Would you like to have some tea with me?"