Am I Forgiven Yet?

Start from the beginning

 Asmodeus grinned. “Then you obviously aren’t looking hard enough for the interesting books.”

Belphegor narrowed his eyes. “Where?”

Asmodeus’s grin widened. “If I told you then you wouldn’t experience the joy of finding it yourself.” He said.

Belphegor growled at him. “Bastard.” He said, but without heat. “Why are you guys here anyway?” He asked them.

“Leviathan met up with Vassago again.” Asmodeus explained.

“Did she kill her?” Belphegor asked.

“I doubt it.” Asmodeus said.

“Pity.” Belphegor said, skimming through another book in the pile.

“You guys just so goddamn uncaring.” Evelyn said, slamming her hand down on the table.

Two pairs of ice-cold male eyes stared back at her.

“It’s not that we’re uncaring.” Asmodeus said. “It’s just that Vassago doesn’t deserve our concern.”

Evelyn stood up. “You know what, it turns out that you are not forgiven.” She said to Asmodeus, walking away from the table.

“Now you’re going to have to work to get back into her good graces.” Mammon said to Asmodeus.

Evelyn heard the thud of something being hit and then she heard Mammon saying. “Ouch, you bastard that hurt.”

“Pain helps make you stronger.” Asmodeus said to him, getting up.

As Evelyn continued to walk away she heard the sounds of Footsteps approaching her.

Ignoring them she continued to walk deeper into the deeps of the library. The footsteps continued to follow her, keeping an even pace, never slowing down nor speeding up until Evelyn turned around to confront Asmodeus.

“Why do continue to be upset over our opinion and treatment of Vassago?” Asmodeus asked as he approached her.

“It’s not the way things should be done.” Evelyn said. “There should be laws about these things and someone who enforces them.”

“You forget little one, that we are the law.” Asmodeus said, wrapping his arms around her waist. “In hell we are the ones who make the law and for anyone who breaks it we would be their judge, jury, and executioner.”

“That doesn’t seem like a good system.” Evelyn said.

“But that is our system.” Asmodeus said, looking straight into her eyes. “Forget the system and code of law you had back on earth little one, for it would never work here.”

“Why so sure?” Evelyn asked him.

“Because here in demon society we go by a much older code of conduct that shapes our laws. I believe the simplest way to put it would be an eye for an eye.”

“That’s just barbaric.” Evelyn said.

Asmodeus shrugged. “Then that is what we are.” He said.

“Are you guys all good now?” Belphegor asked, walking towards them.

Asmodeus sighed, letting go of Evelyn’s waist and turning to face him. “You certainly are skilled at killing a mood.” He said to him.

Belphegor grinned at him. “I do try.” He said.

“Weren’t you just looking at books?” Asmodeus asked him.

“Old men.” Belphegor reminded him. “Besides I wanted to ask you what you thought about teaching little Evelyn over there some self-defense.”

“Leviathan was teaching her.” Asmodeus said.

“Good.” Belphegor said. “Then we can add on to whatever knowledge Leviathan managed to beat into that head of yours.”

“Hey, I take offense to that.” Evelyn said.

“Too bad.” Belphegor said. “It’s the truth, and now it’s our turn to try and teach you.”

“What if I don’t want to learn?” Evelyn asked.

“Then you probably will do sometime in the near future.” Asmodeus said.

Evelyn scowled at him. “Thanks for all those wonderful options.” She said.

Asmodeus shrugged. “As Belphegor said earlier, it is the truth.”

Evelyn sighed. “Fine, I’ll learn.”

“Good, Belphegor lead the way.” Asmodeus said.

“Okay.” Belphegor said, turning and leading them towards the door of the library.

------------------------------------------

A/N: I wont be uploading next week because i have SATs the 7th and then i have my AP bio test the 9th, which also happens to be my bday yay me