005

「 You're Out Of Touch 」

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡︎♡︎♡︎
[M.NAME] DIDN'T UNDERSTAND. Jiho has expressed time and time again that he appreciates his presence, that he's thankful for his existence, that he's happy he met him, that he never regrets meeting him, that he'd choose him in any lifetime they were in, that he'd go against all odds for him, that he already carved his name in his heart, that he whispers his name every night with a loving, gentle tone in hopes that when he falls asleep he'd dream of him and only him.

[M.Name] didn't understand why his mind kept telling him that he was just a bother to Jiho, that sooner or later he'd end up leaving him like everybody else, that he'd start ignoring him as soon as he disappoints him, that he'd stop loving him as soon as he acted differently from the [M.Name] he first met.

Right now, his greatest fear wasn't the impending doom of the distribution of report cards, nor the nearing deadline of the poem he needed to make about contemporary issues in his language subject. He feared that one day he'll wake up and Jiho was just like everyone else. Ready to leave him as soon as they even notice a single mistake on his person or something he's done. Jiho was, without a doubt, his very first friend after so many years of building up walls upon walls to shut everyone out of his life, adding to the reason why he's so neglected by many.

He wondered while glancing at the open window of the empty classroom he resided in with the newly fixed guitar in his hands. If I hadn't shut everyone out, would everything be different?

Maybe, maybe not. Insecurities do that to a person when it's been constantly getting picked on by the people you thought you could trust. Even if it was a simple joke or a little teasing. He remembered all the times his mother would single out the mistakes he's made during his earlier school years, reminding him of how much she had sacrificed just to keep him in a wonderful school that could perhaps one day make him grow to be a talented person with various skills, a well-nurtured mind, and a humble personality.

Unfortunately, with just how much emotional and mental turmoil he kept going through even when he was younger, he grew up with a severely humble personality.

[M.Name] absentmindedly strummed the guitar he was holding, disregarding the bandaid on his finger and letting it strike against the metal strings. If he hadn't been so occupied in his thoughts then he would've been hissing in pain with how much he's used his finger to play the guitar. The poor finger didn't even get any time to heal these past days, it was always used for random things that would result in a mildly painful sensation filling his senses after a few minutes.

There was a part of him that always told his heart and mind that he deserves pain. That, deep inside, after disappointing so many people and shattering their images of him, he deserves to bleed.