Chapter 1.

Kaylee's Pov:

Today I am moving back to Detroit after 6 years of living in NYC. As soon as I graduated Highschool I got as far away from Michigan as possible, but after my mom passed away the court forced me to move back to Detroit to look after my dad. My dad is apparently 'incapable' of looking after himself due to his drug and alcohol addiction. To be totally honest im scared to move back, ever since I can remember my dad has been violent towards me if you know what I mean... But it was the courts decision to move me back so thats what im going to do. I just finished packing up the last few boxes into my car and hopped in, time for a longggg drive.

some time later~~~~~~~~~

I finally arived back in detroit after a 10hr 30min drive and made my way up to the front door of my childhood home, oh the memories although some good some bad I actually missed this shit hole. I walked in the door to see my dad passed out of the couch what a surprise, I carried on through the hallway weaving round empty beer and liquor bottles in the process. I finally got to my room after what felt like forever of scavenging, I opened the door and was met with everything destroyed, picture frames ripped off the walls, closet tipped over, bed frame broken, practically my whole room was turned upside down, I probably should of told mom and dad about moving to NY but I know they would've kept me from leaving. I stepped over the broken glass and picked up a broken picture frame I smiled at what was inside of it. It was a picture of me and Marshall the first time we had ever met, he had his middle finger up and I was on his back, also flipping off the camera. I picked up another one and smiled even harder it was about 1 year after we had met when we just started dating, in the picture I was sat on his lap kissing his cheek and he had his arms around my waist looking at me with a cute little smile. I jumped causing me to drop the picture when I heard my fathers heavy footsteps heading towards my room, my breath hitched when I saw my dad looking at me with the deadliest glare you could ever imagine. He slowly stepped forward and grabbed my neck pushing me up against the wall. "Dad let go of me please, you're hurting me." I choked out. DO YOU THINK I CARE YOU LITTLE BITCH?" He spit back in my face. "Please let's just talk, catch up." I spoke with tears streaming down my face. "NO I WILL NOT TALK TO YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT CLEAN THIS DUMP OF A ROOM UP NOW AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT CLEAN THE WHOLE FUCKING HOUSE!!!" He screamed and let go of my neck causing me to fall to the floor. I sat there for a while reconsidering my choice of moving back here.

I finally finished cleaning the house and was taking the trash bags out to the garbage when my dad came storming outside with an empty can of beer... "Im going to ask you a question and if you lie to me you will be punished you hear me girl." I only nodded in response making him continue. "Tell me why my last beer is finished I KNOW FOR A FACT I DID NOT DRINK THIS BITCH." I stepped back startled before starting "I dont know why its empty I swear I didn't drink it, you must of drank it and forgot about it." His eyes lit up in anger before smacking me hard round the face followed by kicking me in the stomach when I was down. I groaned and started twisting around in pain when he started screaming again. "DRINK MY SHIT AGAIN AND THATS NOT ALL YOU'RE GETTING FOR PUNISHMENT, GO TO THE STORE AND BUY ME SOME RUM AND VODKA NOW!!!!"

I picked myself limping back into the house grabbing my bag and 50 dollars before walking back out the front door to the closest liquor store, When I arrived there was a few other people in there that I thought I recognised but just shrugged it off and continued limping towards the store owner. "Hi, umm can I get a bottle of white rum and some vodka any type I dont really mind" I said softly with a smile, they just rolled their eyes and walked away I scrunched my face up at that and was about to say something but stopped myself because now is really not the time to argue. The rude girl came back with a mugg plastered across her face and says "Anything else I can get you?" I thought for a moment and said "Hmmm yeah i'll also take some smokes." She turned around picking up the cigs and tossed them on the counter. "That all?" she said again with the most obvious eye roll, I just nodded my head not even bothered to communicate with her anymore. "OK thats going to be 45 dollars and 98 cents." I passed her the 50 dollar bill picking up my stuff waiting for my change, she basically threw it at me and said "Have a nice night." Bipolar ass. I turned around rolling my eyes while doing so and I was shocked at who I saw stood infront of me...

TO BE CONTINUED>>>>>
Who do you think it will be...
sorry for this quite aggressive chapter but it just shows what her home life is like. I promise it will get better.
Im british and I think I played an american pretty well if I do say so myself :)))
Please comment so I know if this is actually good or not
word count: 993