Chapter 1

My name is Scott. Scott Hoying. I'm 15 years old and it's nearly summer vacation.

My whole life I've lived in seclusion. See when I was two, my dad left. My mom, like any other sane person would when one they love leaves, she had a small mental break down. We used to live in a normal suburban area with other... well, people. She had us move away to a fucking. Cabin. Yes you heard me right, ever since I was two I've lived in a cabin. She told me she's always had a dream to live in a cabin and now that dream is a reality. I love my mother to death but sometimes she drives me crazy. I have two neighbors, both extremely elderly couples and probably ready to pass any second. None of their grandkids ever visit so my life is extremely dull. At least we have good internet connection.

I go to a school that is exactly 1 hour and 7 minutes away from my home. School bus rides get boring so I timed it. There is only one week left of my freshman year of high school and I couldn't be more ecstatic honestly. I won't really be having an eventful summer on account I don't have a lot of friends, and the ones I do have I never get to hang out with. But an uneventful summer is what I really want anyways. Just relaxation, and a whole lot of internet time. Plus I heard tell that one of my neighbors is moving out. Maybe someone interesting will come along? Maybe it will be like one of those movies where the lonely kid (me) lives an uneventful life, and then BAM new girl moves in across the street. I could possibly get a super hot girlfriend over the summer! Okay obviously I'm over thinking this. It will probably just be another elderly couple wasting their days away in a small cabin just like the rest of us.

-------------------------------

I just got home from my last day of school. Summer break has officially started and honestly it doesn't feel real yet. I guess it will take some time to set in that I have no more homework, no more crazy teachers, no more assemblies, and no more annoying boys calling me gay. Seriously? I mean first of all that's a terrible insult, and second, I'm not even gay. In fact I'm a pretty broad kid, for 15, I don't even fit the stereotypical gay person. Okay that was kind of rude I know that there are lots of different types of gay people. All I'm saying is that it's a dumb thing to call someone.

Sorry I got lost for a little. Oh I forgot to mention that the rumors were true! There's a new family moving in next to me. They are supposed to come tomorrow which is exciting. My mom and I are making some cookies to give to them, I think she's excited that there might be a woman her age which could be exactly what she needs. I'm afraid that my mom is very lonely, especially now that I'm in high school. I don't have as much time for her as I used to. She's really hopeful for a new friend though and I hope she gets that. Even if they don't have someone my age, I really hope she makes a friend.

Now that I've dabbled in the conversation of new neighbors for a bit I want to go over something. I know that I might say I hate my house a lot. I have a lot of complaints. But honestly I just hate WHERE I live. My house is actually fantastic. It's really beautiful and my room is really large. Our home is two stories, well technically it is. The top floor is just a loft space, and that's where my room is. I have the whole upstairs to myself! It's honestly amazing. I also have a huge window which I'm very grateful for. Not much goes on around here but when it does I always have a front seat show to it. Like the time one of Mrs. Dubose's cows got loose and she was chasing them down our dirt road! That was fantastic. I wish I had a video camera to film it with. Note to self: get a video camera. That could be a fun hobby over break.

------------------------------

Today is the day. New neighbors are moving in. I just said goodbye to Mrs. Dubose and her husband about an hour ago. I was sort of sad to see them leave but they told me that the new family is coming from a city. Like an actual city with take out and skyscraper buildings and probably like 17 different Starbucks right next to each other. They also said there was a son. No daughters, sadly, but one son that is my age. I'm very hopeful he's not a massive dick like most of the guys I know. Crossing my fingers.