Reality

[Video is Recommended for Full Immersion, Please Use Headphones]

I woke up on a soft squishy bed covered in a rough blanket which appeared to be handmade with knitting... no no, crochet, hearing the sounds of gentle rain coming through an open window. I looked around to see a room so very empty and hollow but yet full with all sorts of knick knacks. Flower wreathes, ribbons, wooden sculptures, pencils, paper, a few plants and so much more. All the walls and floors looked to be some finished rustic wood with a rich auburn brown color. This must be a cabin. Shelves were on the wall in front of me with a lovely looking desk underneath, full of drawers and a wooden but comfortable looking chair right in front of it. A window barely illuminating light to the right of me, as I looked out through the open curtains I saw it was not only still nighttime but I was in the middle of a forest. With the window being open it sent a cold chill into the room. It was dark and I could only barely see from the bright moonlight coming from the window. From what I could tell this house, or at least, this room had no electricity to be found which means no light, unless I find a candle.

I sat up from the bed and wiped the gross crusts off my eyes, sitting there with that nasty goo in my mouth from a good nights sleep. Now not only do I need a light but I need some water to clear my throat. I'm still not really sure where I am, I don't even remember arriving here and nothing looks even remotely recognizable so far. I had to be careful not to make any sound as who knows if anyone else could be in this house, it's not mine and I can only assume someone else has to be here. I looked behind me staring at the bed I had just woken up from, I had been sleeping on a pillow with some handmade embroidery, too dark to read out but it was very obvious it was there.

I went to stand up and just then I saw an extremely bright flash outside followed by a huge bang of thunder. I jolted and gasped loudly as it startled me so bad I almost screamed. I immediately went to window and looked outside, the window had been open this whole time letting raindrops in soaking the windowsill and floor with it. It starting pouring down with rain, and pouring down HARD at that. I stuck my head outside the window and looked up to the skies to see rain clouds completely covering everything as far as the eye could see. The clouds covered up the moon so it was near impossible to see anything now, everywhere looked as pitch black as the void itself.

What am I to do now? I wasn't exactly planning on escaping this place but it really seems like I'm stuck here now. I frantically looked around for a candle or a lamp of sorts, I needed light and I needed it now. I need to know where I am. The rain noises from the window created a relaxing atmosphere as I looked for some source of light, calming down greatly even with all the thunder that was there. After mostly feeling around for some light source I finally found what felt like a wax candle.

I grabbed it and put it on the bed as not to lose it, the only issue now it finding something to light it with. The desk, thats the only place I would think anyone would keep matches. I walked over to the desk and opened the top drawer to the right side, I gently put my hand in and felt around carefully at everything I touched. Scissors, a blade, erasers, what seems to be an old ink container, fountain pens, and.... here we are, match box!

I pulled the match box out of the drawer and quickly opened it as though I had a timer ticking down to my impeding doom. "Calm down." I whispered to myself breathing heavily, now slowly getting a match out of the box. I grabbed the candle and struck the match on the box lighting it ablaze. Quickly I lit the candle and shook the match with my hand to put it out. I can see! Not very well but I can see! Shining the candle around I found the door and stood there hovering my hand over the handle. Would it be okay to leave this room or should I keep exploring? Why am I talking like a video game character?

On a serious note I should look around more and figure out what's going on here. Is there a mirror anywhere? Looking around I noticed a mirror right on the desk, I don't know how I missed it. Seems the desk might be more of a getting ready desk than a workdesk. I sat down in the chair and took a look at myself. I was still me but I looked so different. Not different as in I was a different person I just looked, better. This is so strange, why am I here? Who's room- No, who's house is this?

Looking through the other drawers at the desk I found a notebook with several passages written inside. I placed it down on top and started turning through the pages. Some had drawings but most were just words, stories of the writers days here and everything they had seen. I finally flipped to the front of the notebook to see who had written it and it was left blank. "This Book Belongs To: _______" Despite this I felt a weird connection to this, almost as though I had written the book. I instantly felt this weird feeling over me, a sinking feeling like my heart had just dropped.

Something was wrong

Obviously, I'm stranded in a house I don't even remember arriving to, but this was different it was as though I was missing something else entirely. I looked around the room once again, I should explore the house. Standing up promptly rushing towards the door I opened it and stepped right out. Looking both ways down what appeared to be halls. I was in search of someone who might live here. It was not as though I wanted to talk to them more so that I wanted to avoid them like the plague. I'm clearly not meant to be here and if I get found out I'll be kicked out into that storm. As much as I love the rain from what I assume this is the only shelter for miles and I don't want to be stranded out there.

I walked down to the left of the hall where it met an end, there was a closet door and next to it another room. The room door was open, even though I was skeptical I decided to peek in. It was decorated just as the last room I was in, but very differently. I didn't see anyone in the room at all and I figure it's best to just move on.

I went back into the hall and turned towards the closet, gripping the handle firmly and opening it. I shined the light from the candle inside and saw only house essentials. Things like towels, cleaning supplies and the like lived in there. Nothing of my concern.

I stepped back into the hallway and went down the right side keeping the candle light shining in front of me. What exactly am I looking for anyways? If not a person then what, do I want to get out of here, do I want to know how I got here? I should relax, and especially I should keep calm. There's no need to worry over things out of my control. What is in my control is my thoughts and right now I just need to calm down and keep exploring.

I made it to the end of the hall and found my way into a kitchen slash living room area. There were big windows in what looked like the front of the house and I could see the rain pouring down covered everything in sight. I saw the rain trickling down the windows which reminded me of the look of tears rolling down a poor souls face. I shined the candle light further into the room. It looks so amazing in here, perfectly cozy and comfortable. I'd love to live in a place like this.

I circled the house once more and it seemed there was nothing else to find inside of here. Not one person, not even photos of anyone on the walls. No food left on the table, no shuffled bed sheets, theres not one trace of anyone even stepping foot here besides... me. But this isn't my home, I've never been here before, I've never even been to a forest or a cabin before. This is a place I've only ever seen in my wildest-