C H A P T E R - 4

'Madhi'

Chezhiyan said in low voice seeing her standing a few feet away from him in marriage attire. She chuckled painfully at him while her blurred view got cleared when two drops of her tears flow down her cheeks, without her consent.

She stared at the clock which was hanging at the wall beside her before looking into Chezhiyan's eyes.

Shrinking his eyes, Chezhiyan looked at the clock which says the time is half and quarter passed 11, making him to widen his eyes in shock.

"Iniku namaku kalyanamngrathae maranthuruchula Chezhiya"

(You forget that our marriage is going to happen today la?)

Chezhiyan looked at her in guilt, "Madhi ath... "

(Madhi that's..)

"Road la oru accident uh antha ponna kondu vanthu admit panna vanthen athunala unna maranthuten nammaku kalyanamnu maranthutenu solla porya Chezhiya?

Nee help pannanumnu ninachathu correct. I'm proud but inaiku nammaku marriage. Adhi ya kutitu poga solitu nee vanthurukalamae Chezhiya?"

(Are you going to say that you forget me and our marriage in order to help a girl who met with an accident?

I'm proud that you came forward to help her but it's our marriage. You could have asked Adhi to do that right?)

Chezhiyan couldn't reply her, as he knows she was right. Her accusations were right. Atleast he could have informed her or his parents.

But he forget. He forget everything when he saw that girl lying almost lifeless.

"Itha naa epdi eduthukurathu Chezhiya? Antha ponnu unaku avlo mukiyamna? Ila naa unaku mukiyamilana?"

Before he could speak, she ranted all of her frustration, "Intha naalukaga naa evlo aasai ya ready aanen evlo happy ah irunthenu unaku teriyumla.... Athu ethuvumae onum ilama panitala?"

(Now what should I think Chezhiya? should I take this as that girl is more important to you or should I think that I'm nothing to you?

You know how much this day meant for me, how much I desired to be your wife? But you made everything as nothing in seconds)

"Didn't you think of me atleast for a moment Chezhiya?" Vulnerability and exasperation were visible in Madhi's voice making Chezhiyan gulp.

"Madh... "

Madhi stopped him by raising her palm in front of him.

"Ena? Justify panna porya Chezhiya? Could you still do that? " She asked nudging her chin and shrinking her eyes.

(What? Are you going to justify Chezhiya? Could you still do that?)

"I know I couldn't but I.. I'm sorry" Chezhiyan said in low voice still staring at the floor.

Sarcastically chuckling at him she said, "Ipo intha sorry kuda naa feel panrenu than solura. The call off of our marriage doesn't bring even a single ounce of disappointment in your face Chezhiya."

(This sorry is too to console me. The call off of our marriage doesn't bring even a single ounce of disappointment in your face Chezhiya)

Chezhiyan couldn't deny the fact that she was right. He didn't feel any disappointment till now. To be true, he didn't even think of her until she showed off now.

She looked up blinking her tears away before wiping her face with her palms.

"Now I got it. You accepted me just for the sake of Uncle right?"