Ike, Yamauchi, and Sudo went off to find base camp and the rest of class D trudged through the terrain at a slower than standard steady.

At least they're travelling in the shade.

"You seem comfortable." Ayanokoji's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Really?"

"You look experienced. Do you go out into forests often?"

Not as often as she used too. The Horikita residence was fucking massive (in her opinion), so she ended up mainly using the workout room in there.

Plus, in this lifetime she didn't have a job.

"Here and there. You don't look so tensed up either."

She got a hum in reply. They continued on in a relaxed silence and around ten minutes later, Hirata got the gang to stop for a break.

Geez, these kids were unexercised. Some of them were panting as if they had just run a marathon when they walked literally not even 4 miles.

Slowly, might she add.

She looked over and found Harem boy talking it out with Yukimura.

Believe it or not, she doesn't necessarily hate Yukimura, however, he was definitely the kid who was called smart all through his childhood. And because of that he became close minded.

Which is an annoying thing to deal with.

Hirata is the exact opposite outcome to that scenario. He remained humble. "I think we should start searching for a base camp area, too."

"You think so?"

Harem boy turned to Kei. "Where we decide to set up may influence how we have to spend our points. Is there anyone who'll go searching with me?"

Literally only two people put their hands up, them being Koenji and herself. Kushida used her influence to her advantage and almost seven others put their hand up not three seconds later.

Absolute favouritism.

Ayanokoji raised his hand as well. She didn't miss little Sakura over there being all shy but then raising her hand after seeing her crush do it.

"Thanks, Sakura-san. That's ten, so let's proceed in two teams of three and one team of four."

Alright then.

---

"Ah, beautiful! Conducting myself serenely in the midst of nature, I am truly beautiful! This is ultimate beauty!"

She wouldn't be surprised if Koenji had some sort of chipmunk/ape DNA in his blood, or just in him in general. The guy's unpredictable as hell and can swing through those trees like no tomorrow.

Puts her girl scout days to shame, honestly.

"Ayanokoji-kun, Horkita-san..." She glanced back to see Sakura stumbling over the terrain behind them. "It's hard to walk in the forest, huh?"

"And it's hot, on top of that." Ayanokoji looked back to where Koenji was. Previously was. "Let's pick up the pace."

"H-hai... Koenji-kun is amazing, huh?"

Despite his laugh being the most British, cliche villain laugh she's ever heard; he truly is a monster.

Suzune wouldn't actually mind facing the dude off in the ring (he's a decent guy when it comes to fists), although she would probably get punted to the sun.

Even more so when it comes to the man jogging next to her.

"Koenji," Ayanokoji raised his voice. "Don't go too fast, or..."