Chapter 5: Admitting

Hi guys, thanks for reading. Here's chapter 5. ❤

-------------------------------------------------------

Derek's POV:

I was surprised when Penelope let me come over, but I had everything I was going to say prepared. However, now that I'm sitting here in front of her and looking into her eyes all of these thoughts are going through my head and I forget what I was going to say. What if she doesn't feel the same way? What if this ruins our everything? What if I screw everything up? But then I remember what Prentiss said.

Penelope is sitting here with a worried expression on her face waiting for me to talk so I start to speak.

"First I want to apologize. I'm sorry for going out with Tamara. I know that I should've listened to you and I'm so sorry" I say and she opens her mouth to say something.

"No interrupting. Remember?" I say with a slight laugh which makes her giggle a little.

"I want to tell you why I went out with her. It's because of you and Kevin. I was so jealous. I never get to spend time with you anymore. We haven't had a movie night in months. We haven't even eaten lunch together at our usual place. Every time I ask you to hang out you make an excuse. Kevin is taking my best friend away, but that's not the only thing that I wanted to tell you. I know that this is wrong because you have a boyfriend, but I love you Penelope. I'm in love with you."

She's still sitting there in that same position with her mouth wide open, but her surprise quickly turns into sadness and then what seems like annoyance.

"Derek Morgan if you really love me then why do you sleep around all of the time and why the heck didn't you say anything to me sooner? You must be drunk right now or something. I'm tired of playing your games Derek" she practically yells.

"I haven't slept around with anyone in quite a while and I did say something sooner. Right after you got shot standing right here in your apartment I told you that I love you, but you thought I meant it as a friend. Then the next thing I know you're dating Kevin frickin Lynch. I love you Penelope as more than a friend. I want to date you, then one day marry you, and then if we're lucky I want you to be the mother of my children. You're my reason for waking up in the morning. You're the only thing that keeps me going. You bring me light through the darkness of our job. You're the light of my life, my God given solace, my Baby Girl. I love you so much that hurts. I'm in love with you Penelope."

She is sitting there stunned. She hasn't said a word. Then I see a tear stream down her cheek. Oh Lord. She doesn't feel the same way. I've just ruined everything. I need to get out of here.

I slide away, stand up, and start to apologize for ruining everything, but she stops me.

"Hot Stuff, give a girl time to be surprised" she says with a slight giggle.

"I love you too. I love you more than anything and I'm so sorry for going out with Kevin when I loved you. I just didn't think you felt the same way. I love you Baby, I really do." she says and then stands up and begins to walk towards me.

"But why were you crying" I ask and she replies with "Happy tears Hot Stuff."

I then decide that it's now or never. I close the gap between us and wrap my arms around her. I bring her into a tight hug before pulling apart just enough to bring my hand up to cup her face. I cup her soft cheek and bring my other arm further down and wrap it around her lower back. I then lower my head to bring my mouth to hers.

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Comment your opinions. Also, you should read my best friend's Reid fanfic. It's great. Her name on Wattpad is babygube Love you guys ❤