Chapter 4: Derek Comes Over to Talk

Penelope's POV:

Today's been a long day. I've barely talked to Derek all day and I start to feel bad about it, but I have to much pride to be the first to apologize. So here I am sitting in my apartment alone drinking wine while the rest of the team is out having fun. I bet Derek's probably dancing with a bunch of women planning to take one home for yet another one nightnstand. It makes me so mad. Well I guess that I'm more jealous than mad. Ugh. Kevin was right.

Just as I was about to drink my fourth glass of wine to my surprise I hear my phone ring. I was even more surprised that the name that popped up on my phone was "Hot Stuff". I ignore him. Two minutes later I get a text that says "Baby Girl, I know you're up. Can I come over? I need to talk to you?"

I don't answer, but then I get another text that says "It's really important Penelope. Please. I need to talk to you." This sounds serious and it starts to worry me. He never calls me Penelope. He always calls me Baby Girl. Something must be wrong. I text him back and tell him to come over.

About 15 minutes later I hear a knock at my door. I get off the couch, walk to the door, and look out of the peep hole. It's Derek.

I open the door and say "Hi Morgan. Why didn't use your key?" He responds with "I left it at home." And with that he comes in and sits down on the end of the couch that he usually sits on during our movie nights. That makes me think of the fact that we haven't had one of those in a while. Kevin hated that I spent so much time with Derek.

I'm still trying to show him that I'm mad at him so I don't sit really close to him as usal. I sit on the other end of the couch and ask "What did you need to talk to me about?"

He turns to me, scoots closer, and takes both of my hands in his. Then he says "Baby girl, I have something I need to say. Please let me finish before you interrupt, ok?" I shake my head yes and then he begins to speak.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the cliffhanger. I couldn't help myself. Lol! Thanks for reading and comment what you think! Love ya ❤