New Home

Lincoln woke up to the sound of walking, Lavender was still holding him as if he was just a bunch of grapes to her.

Lincoln looked up when she suddenly stopped.

That's a huge house.

"It is." Lavender laughed.

Did he say that out loud?

"Yes you did and you asked yourself that question out loud as well." Lavender states still giggling a little at him.

The door opens up by itself and Lavender walks in before keeping Lincoln down.

She takes his hand and walks him to the house.

"This is called the house of lamentation." She casually mentioned to him.

Lincoln freezes.

He's heard Lucy talk about this one.

The mansion was built in the human world on the outskirts of a village. The people who previously lived there were a married couple with their seven children, and their servant.

One day, a terrible tragedy struck inside the house. Every family member was brutally murdered in a different way, in a different room, and the servant had hung himself in his own room. The only survivor was the eldest son, who claimed the servant committed the crimes. The authorities deemed the case closed, but rumors started spreading that the eldest son was on bad terms with his family. It was then believed that the servant tried to stop him but was killed and framed to be the scapegoat for the murders. The son continued living in the house until he died of old age.

Afterward, there were figures seen in the windows, and screaming and arguing could be heard despite being vacant. Because of the dark history, the mansion became known as the "House of Lamentation."

Scary.

"When I first heard the story, I was scared of the house but after a while you get to see it's charm." Lavender admitted to him as they walked inside.

" Lavender admitted to him as they walked inside

Lincoln gasped.

It was so beautiful.

Clean and tidy no mess at all.

Lincoln looked up at his savior.

She had a look on her face that said that she was thinking about something.

Remembering it and savoring the memory.

"Welcome to your new home. You'll meet the others in the morning, only Luci and Levi might still be up at this time. You'll take my room until we build a new one for you, I'll sleep with Luci tonight." Lavender stated as she walked up the stairs.

"Ugh. I think I'll change those pj's of yours as well."

Lincoln laughed at Lavender's expression but he knew too well that sleeping with wet clothes was bad.

Not that the Louds would even care since they didn't even have the decency to keep his stuff.

Lavender walks him up to a room.

Where she gently sits him on one of the seats as she gets him a new suit of clothes

Lincoln watches as she looks through her phone.

"Lincoln, what's your favorite color and cartoon or comic?" She asked not even looking up from her phone.

"Orange and Ace Savvy." Lincoln answered with great pride and joy.

Lavender laughed.

Levi's going to love this kid.

She gets her order instantly given that this is Lucifer's account.

She hands him the orange pj's with Ace Savvy on it along with a few new and old comics.

Lincoln gasped as stars came into his eyes.

"Wow! So fast." He commented as he looked at the gifts.

Lavender laughed.

"Yes, only the finest service to the royal family."

But Lincoln didn't hear her over his excitement over his new gifts.

"I'll go out of the room so that you can change, kiddo." Lavender said before ruffling his hair.

Lincoln thanked her before she left the room and after changing, he laid on his soft pillow and was fast asleep within seconds.

Lavender checks on him after a while. There's a glass of water in her hand and a book.

She lets out a sigh but smiles at the sleeping boy. She puts the items in her hands on the nightstand and leaves the room.

She walks to Lucifer's room where he was passed out on his desk. Lavender smiled gently as she walked up to the desk and patted his head, feeling his soft hair.

She picks him up and leads him to bed.

Snapping her fingers, they are both in their pajamas and she snuggles up behind him. Her chest to his back while her arms wrapped around his mid section.

"Good night, Luci." She whispered gently to him before placing her head on his shoulder blades.

That night, Lincoln has the best sleep in his entire life.