"Well even if she was, she has no right to be a jerk to me all the time"

Nick nods, "I know, I'm just saying she is still our sister"

The rest of the lunch is good, Nick and I catch up on a lot of stuff. He tells me about this girl he met in New York, and how she may be coming here to visit him soon.

Once Nick drops me off at home, I go and flop on my bed to take a long nap.

-------------

The next day of class, Alyssa isn't here which is strange. I text her, and she tells me she has a doctors appointment, and asked if I can send her my notes after class, of course I say yes.

Class is exceptionally boring today, but I try and stay super focused to get down all of my notes for Alyssa.

"Lina" Mr. Edwards calls after me at the end of class. I walk down to his desk, "Yes sir?"

"I'm just checking if you're still free tomorrow for office hours?"

I nod. "What time?" I ask.

"I have meetings pretty much all day, does seven pm work for you?"

That seems late...

"Um yes seven will work. Thank you" I say, leaving.

I get out my phone and text Ronny, who so rudely ignored my good morning text earlier.

A: Want to get lunch?

...

Ok

Yay!

I text Ronny that I can pick him up, then drive by his house to get him.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask. He doesn't respond. "Fine, if you won't pick I will pick, but don't complain if you don't like it."

I drive us to McDonalds, my stomach growling from skipping breakfast.

"McDonalds?" Aaron questions. I give him a nasty look, "Remember what I said about complaining?" he raises an eyebrow at me.

We walk into McDonalds and order before getting seats.  "This is the best place ever" I tell him. "I haven't had it" he says, making my jaw drop.

"No way! really?"

He nods. "You're gonna love it." I say. We get our food and he warily eyes his burger. "Its better if you don't look at it." I say, taking a bite out of my burger. "Once my teacher said she got served a rat head in her burger, so she sued the place. So from then on, I discovered if you don't look at what you're eating, you can't find dead animal heads. Then that also means I can't sue and become a millionaire, but I pick my battles and I choose happily eating my burger."

He gives me a concerned look after my story and advice on how to eat McDonalds. He takes a bite of his burger, and I wait for him to say if he likes it or not. "Its fine" Is all he says, which is a win in my book.

"How was your test today?" Aaron asks, and my heart melts that he remembered when I mentioned the test last week to him.

"It was good, I think I aced it. I better have, I studied until 4 this morning." I say, eating my fries.

"That's not good for you" Aaron points out. I shrug, "What else am I going to do, I have to get As"

Aaron doesn't say anything. "Are you still doing business with my parents?" I ask, realizing Papa hasn't mentioned his name in a while.

Aaron nods, "Not much"

"Why do you live at home?" Aaron asks me, catching me slightly off guard. "Mama and Papa think I will be irresponsible on my own" I tell him. "Avery went to college by herself and dropped out, so I think they are scared the same will happen to me"

"Maybe I should become a stripper" I say, definitely considering it. It's just dancing right? I discovered at the frat party I am an insane dancer. Alyssa and I did a bunch of combo moves, and I had a nasty sprinkler dance.

Ronny makes a face at this, "No"

"Why not?" I question, "A little side hustle"

"I can't tell if you're fucking with me" He says. "I'm dead serious Ronny" I say, although I'm not. I think you have to wear scandalous clothes to do that, and that is not my thing.

"Ok let me know how you like it" He tells me. "You could be one too, we can work together!" I exclaim, he looks disturbed at this, "Fuck no"

I laugh, "Don't worry Ron, not everyone is born for the stripper life"

Aaron and I talk for a little longer as we eat, but then he says he has to go to work for a while so I drop him back off at his house. It's ok though, since I should really work on my essay before Mr. Edwards rereads it tomorrow.

And that's what I spend the rest of my evening on, along with texting Aaron a little bit.

1420 words