We talked for what felt like a few more minutes, but in reality was just under an hour. We talked about the race, his expectations and  Australia- the typical spider conversation leading that of course. My phone buzzed, snapping us both back to reality. Realising we had spent so long talking to complete strangers.

Angie☀️
KERA WHERE ARE YOU BABE????
(20 minutes ago)
Ke, Pierre is taking us to go get some food later. Please respond, I can't be stuck here with Rachel for much longer it's so awkward!
(16 minutes ago)
Quali is starting soon, Pierre wants us to watch, meet me in the Alpine garage pls xxx
(3 minutes ago)

"oh no-"   i say accidentally, loud enough to hear. I look up at Charles, and explained the situation. He stood up and wiped himself down of the dust before offering me his hand to help me up .  Chuckling slightly, i take his hand and he helps me up. His firm grip on my hand made  me take a double take- internally of corse. I  wiped down my dress and placed my sunglasses back onto my face. I stepped out into the sun, Charles behind me, the sun greeting me with its familiar beams. I turn back to Charles, thanking him for his company before walking back quickly to the Alpine garage.

"where the hell have you been?? abandoning me like that- how could you?" she jokes sarcastically.

"I was getting some shade"

"for 55 minutes?"

"it's a hot day Angie, let's watch quali" i finish, finally stopping the questions.

I am familiar with the Formula One World, though never have been to a Grand Prix. My Uncle used to be highly involved in Formula One, so did my cousin Nico. But since we moved to Australia we hadn't heard from them much. Especially after the argument my dad had with grandad about me taking the name 'Hughes' to not face as much pressure for having an infamous surname. I always enjoyed watching qualifying, the was up until the last 2 minutes.
The Alpine garage was silent, holding their breaths collectively and no one daring to make a noise. Gasly crosses the line. My eyes dart to the timing screens. Cheers erupt from the crew behind us. The mechanics jump on top of one another, people are clapping and the atmosphere is great. Pierre qualified 5th, an amazing improvement for the French Team. Angie pulled me for a small hug while we cheered on for Gasly. I turn to see Rachel as it her her boyfriend after all. She stands leaning against the wall engulfed soley into her phone. I walk over hesitantly, trying not to startle her.
"everything okay?" i ask politely.

"what?" she glared at me back as though i'd just spoken a foreign language. To be fair, my Aussie accent was strong and her German accent too.

"Pierre qualified 5th!" i nudged as i noticed the cameras zooming on to her.

"oh reallyyyy?? greeaaat." that was the most unenthustaic thing i think i've heard. A chicken could celebrate better than that. I walked away, wasn't going to let her take that away from Pierre.

We all began to run down to parc fermé to greet Pierre with the support he deserves (take notes Rachel) and wait for him to get out the car. He instantly runs to the team jumping and leaping in their embrace. When he sets himself on the ground he turns to face Angie and I. His girlfriend only now catching up and standing beside us.

"P5!!!" i shout to him while giving him a mini- applause. He immediately pulls me in for a large hug, spinning me around a couple of times before releasing me. He turned to Angie and gave her a small side hug, while taking off his gloves with one hand. As if that wasn't strange enough, he completely blanked Rachel. HIS GIRLFRIEND RACHEL.

Another cheer abrupts as i see a familiar red suit fly into the crowd of ferrari mechanics. Charles. As if he'd only gone and locked it onto the front row in p2 behind Max. A few moments pass and Charles takes off his helmet, running his fingers through his ruffled up hair. He walks towards the photographers when we make eye contact. I do a double take as i thought i saw him wink at me. Surely not, we only talked for 55 minutes and he's most likely got a girlfriend as it is.

We wait for Pierre, i grab by bag off a chair and we begin to make our way out for the dinner he promised us- this time make it more celebratory. Angie hoped in the front seat of Pierre's fancy sports car as i hoped in the back behind Pierre.

"I know i should've asked before, but i actually invited one of my friends to join us. I hope you don't mind" his french accent being so obvious in his words it was almost fascinating to hear. Of corse, none of us had a problem with that. Pierre chose such awesome friends in us, then he'll surely have chosen someone just as good.

I look through my camera roll at the photos I took today and begin to chose some to post onto my Instagram, when the car door opens in the back.

"ah charles! perfect timing- hop on in!" Pierre exclaimed.

1597 words! Let me know what you think so far <3
I will not be using the real girlfriends of drivers as i don't want any hate targeted to them btw!
-J