Chapter-23 (Part 2)

-Previously in DiR-

"Can you both stop fighting for a while?" I asked. "Why is it always like this? Why are you both trying to rip each other's throats when you're in the same room?"

"I don't want to rip her throat." Victor stared at her with a look that I would obviously call dirty.

"See, why he disgusts me." Karen held her hands up. "When I leave this place, he'll be the happiest person."

"Yeah, you're doing a good deed by leaving." He said. "When is the great day you're leaving?"

Karen turned to me for the answer. I hadn't told her everything but I had to. She needed to know what was going to happen in the next days of her life.

"You're going to leave tomorrow." I said.

I saw Victor tense.

"Victor is going to bring that boy with him from the other dimension." I stated.

"You mean, Jon?" She asked.

"Yes." I whispered. "Jon."

***

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."-Albert Camus

Chapter-23 (Part 2)

-Karen-

"You are the descendent of the most powerful witch of all time. Her name was Valerie. She was the one who put me into sleep to save my life. Although, she couldn't predict the time I was going to wake up, so she told us that the only cure was to feed her daughter's or son's blood to me for me to wake up." Nate described. "You were supposed to be dragged into this supernatural world by someone but it was miracle that you found the portal yourself."

"It was an accident." I scoffed. "If I knew what was behind that door, I would have stopped Jon from opening it, let alone get into the room like a brave person."

Nate smiled and I saw how handsome he looked. I had to stop commenting on his looks.

"It's was your fate. You couldn't have changed it." He said. "Are you still feeling bad that you came here?"

I shook my head.

Nate had promised me to send me back today. He was going to call Jon here and send us back together. I wasn't sad now. Even though I wanted to go back, there were some people I was going to miss here.

I was really going to miss Nate.

And Victor.

I hated to say that. It sounded so weird in my head. Was I really going to miss Victor?

The answer was sadly yes. It wasn't something I could choose. I was going to miss him for the rubbish talks he did and the way he jumped into the crowd of crazy vampires to save us. But I was never gonna forgive him for stealing my first kiss.

Okay, not first exactly. I had kissed a guy in ninth grade just to make some point. What can I say, I was stupid.

The point was that I was not a tomboy but a normal girl. Most of the school population called me a tomboy back then. The history of becoming a tomboy began when I kicked a boy. I had kicked a guy back in my Kindergarten days as a bet with some bullies to save a thin guys life. And the guy was Jon. No, not the one I kicked. The one I saved. Boys became pretty scared of me since then.

Jon used to be thin and scared little boy before becoming athletic and handsome. He was this boy who would start crying because his toy car broke down.

If you think there are no bullies in kindergarten, you're absolutely wrong. I had to fight many of them to get the tomboy status on me.