The woman walked him to the bed and Pete finally settled. The place was unbelievably cold and any person in a normal state would run out but Pete felt nothing of the sort. It was the right temperature he needed.

His nails were beginning to dig into his palm painfully, almost drawing blood. "Please leave." He said to the woman.

Worriedly, "Press the button by the bed if you need anything and I'll be with you immediately. Okay?"

Pete nodded and Violet left him alone as asked.

He looked around but his vision was not quite stable but he tried to keep up. He realized the place was designed exactly like a bedroom. It was practically the same as Vegas' main one with closets and everything available. It only had special effects to accommodate rut and heat. Pete wanted to do something but he felt it was pathetic. Please be sane Pete, he's an alpha, and you should have nothing to do with him. His conscience poked him.

But I want to feel his scent all over me. He got off the bed and strutted towards the walk-in wardrobe filled with Vegas' clothes. Without second thoughts, Pete took off his shirt, throwing it far away from him, and grabbed one from the closet. Inhaling it, relief washed over him as he had been craving this for some time now. But it still wasn't enough. He wore the shirt and threw on a pant as well. Feeling better but it still wasn't enough.

He frustratedly went through the wardrobe, picking anything he could lay his hands on which had the alpha's scent. Nobody is going to find out I did this so it's fine. Assuring himself, he carried all the clothes to the bed, dumping them and later spreading them all over. He lay in the middle, with Vegas all around him and hugging another shirt to his chest, inhaling it like it was an addictive drug.

"Feels good a little."

~~~~~

Rushing to the Black Pheonix Macau barged into Joey's room and the latter jumped up to face the intruder with a harsh glare.

"Can't you knock first!" Joey screamed at his friend and Macau waved him off, not ready to deal with Joey's temper.

"Where's Mr. Prem? I didn't see him in his office. He wanted to understand all this.

Joey rolled his eyes at the other man. "He's away on a trip, why?"

"There's a problem and trust me you'll be shocked out of your mind." Macau brought a hand up to massage his temples. "Did you know about Pete's rank?"

Joey's face contorted into a frown and said, "Of course, he's a beta."

Macau sighed. "Even an omega like you was fooled... Turns out you had no idea too." He uttered inaudibly. "Listen to me, Pete is not a beta but an Omega." He announced and Joey collapsed onto the couch.

"What... What do you mean? How can that be? He never smelled like one." His face screamed shock all over. "It can't be!"

Macau went on. "That is not even a problem. Pete went into heat at our mansion. This is complicated."

"Heat? Oh no..." Joey paced around endlessly. "He doesn't have an alpha. What's he going to do?"

The two sat down, pondering over everything for about an hour until Macau received a sudden phone call and answered.

"Your brother is the reason he went into an early heat but Pete insisted we don't tell Vegas anything about this but I'm worried." Violet paused. "This might not be like the normal ones he's had. I'm afraid he'll need Vegas or he wouldn't be able to cope."

Macau was lost in a trance. "I don't like him but this situation is complicated. I think we should let Vegas know about it."

"I just got close to him and I wouldn't want to do anything that will make him upset. Let's see if he can get through this by himself."