Chapter 1

A girl in her early 20s was standing near an open window. Today she should be happy. She proved her innocence in front of everyone and bring the true face of her step-sister out. Her parents will be again together. They came to take her to their home. She was supposed to do packing cheerfully but the thing is that she isn't happy and enthusiastic about leaving this house particularly this room where she stayed last 3 months with her best friend turned husband.

One day this man was her biggest enemy because of her ex-boyfriend Laksh. But the thought of leaving this house this room particularly him causing pain in her heart. She knew he loves her and now on the verge of separation, she realized she loves him too. He confessed to her in a drunk state and what she did she refused to accept and accused him to betray her as she was afraid of losing her only friend.

She knows how tough it was for him to fall in love again as his beloved died in his arms on the day of their marriage because of Laksh's betrayal. He wanted his revenge and tried to separate her from him as Swara was Laksh's fiancé at that time. But as a good man by heart, he understood her pain and become her friend and tried to save her from her sister's dark intention to break her marriage and destroy her reputation but he was late.

When he rescued her from the hospital where she was admitted after her sister tried to kill her on her marriage day it was too late. Her ex-boyfriend and her sister were already married when they came back. Her sister Ragini wanted to kill her as she loves Laksh and her so-called fiancé who claimed to love her trusted her sister, she left him on the alter and ran away with some other guy and married her sister on the same day same time. Her family also disbelieves her except for her mother and maternal grandmother. Her father accused her mother of being partial as Ragini was not her own flesh and bad-mouthed her ways to bring up Swara as a single mother.

She fought a lot to bring her parents close and get them married. All her hard work was wasted at that moment as her parents become separate from this incident. Only Sanskar was her alley to prove her innocence along with her maternal grandmother Dida.

That time they acted like married to get into this house but Ragini and Laksh suspected them. For proving their point to Laksh Sanskar had to fill her mang with vermilion that night. Something shifted between them that night. Sanskar got drunk and confessed his love for her, her accusing him of betrayal of friendship, Ragini's attempt to accuse him of molestation and her desperate try to prove his innocence.

Is it that night she fell for him or later she doesn't know. But from that night they lost their casual bonding though he always supported her but never mentioned anything about his feelings and kept a little distance between them. She remembers their marriage vows. They were forced to marry by Ragini for her mother's safety but now she is thanking Ragini for that.

She realized she never loved Laksh might be she liked him that's why it was so easy to move on after his marriage but with Sanskar things are different. It pains her to think of leaving him and the place which they share together. A tall handsome young man in his mid-20s entered the room and saw her standing. He said "You haven't done your packing yet? Do you need help, Swara?"

She wanted to tell him that she doesn't want to go. She wants to stay here with him. Wanted to say that she loves him want to stay as his wife till her last breath but before she could utter a single word he said "I am going to talk to my lawyer tomorrow. But maybe we have to stay separately for 1 year before we get divorced as we are married for just one day."

She wanted to scream wanted to protest but her sister came in "Are you happy now Swara that my marriage is going to ruin? I am going to get divorced? Happy?" hearing her voice maximum number of families came in. Laksh said "Stop accusing her. You are responsible for everything. On the ground of betrayal, I can get a divorce from you soon. I talked with the lawyer as you forced Swara and Sanskar to get married so they will also get divorced within 3 months. Then I and Swara can marry and stay together for a lifetime."

Annapurna supported her son "Yes Lucky everything will be as you wish this time. I myself will ensure that". Sanskar flinched at their words and tighten his feast. Swara's eyes were only on him she with a farm voice said "Who tell you Laksh that I am going to be with you or I will accept your proposal? Before you declare your decision ask me what I want. Ragini I really don't want to endanger your marriage. Laksh is no one for me now. I did that for my reputation and I wanted our parents back together. You can have him I want to move on."

Laksh came close to Swara hold her by the shoulder and shook her "What are you saying? We love each other we were about to get married She created a misunderstanding between us. Now everything is cleared so we should be together."

Swara hissed in pain. Sanskar said, "you are hurting her Lucky." Laksh ignored him. Durga Prasad stepped in "Leave her Laksh. Right now. Back off" he reluctantly leaves her hearing his father's angry voice. She rubbed her shoulder and said "Who would decide what should I do? You? You lost every right on me. You were my past. You have no place in my present and future" Before Laksh can say anything Durga Prasad put his hand on Swara's head and said "go home think properly what you want. I promise you nothing will happen against your will. Nobody has the authority to say anything against me in this house they like it or not."

Swara felt relieved and grateful for this assurance. He faced others "Today I wanted to say Swara is like a daughter to me. So, nobody will do anything she doesn't approve of. Take her home Sharmitha ji." She didn't have any other option she has to listen. Sanskar said, "You go I shall pack your things and deliver to Bari tomorrow."