("Oh! my baby girl is looking so cute. May no one cast an evil eye on you.")

"Jo khud buri Nazar hai, use kya kisi ki Nazar Lage gi." Gargi muttered rolling her eyes but Simran and Amita both heard them.

("The one who herself is evil, how can she cast evil eyes.")

"Didi, kam se Kam Aaj toh rehne do." Amita whispered frustratingly to which Gargi shrugged.

("Didi, at least today let it be.")

"Achcha, tum Zara Jaa kar sab arrangements dekho. Mujhe meri beti se baat karni hai. Akele mein."

("Okay, you go and see all the arrangements. I want to talk to my daughter. Alone.")

Amita looked at Simran who blinked her eyes assuring her. Sighing he left but was about to collide with Rajiv who was entering. She looked at him then looked back at Gargi who was still looking at her and moved her gaze towards Simran who blinked again. She turned and left.

Rajiv and Gargi both were standing in front of her. Though she knew but still somewhere in her heart, there was a tiny hope that like other parents they will tell her how much they are going to miss her and wish her to be happy all her life. The emotional scene could be eliminated but at least a civil talk.

She was wrong. How could she expect some good from her parents.

"Beth ja, Long lecture hai. Time lagega." Gargi said.

("Sit down, it's a long lecture. It will take time.")

She sat down on the chair on which she was sitting for the last four hours for her makeup and hair.

"Dekh Rahi hai kitne paise waste kar rahe hai tere upar. Toh inko mitti mein mat mila Dena. Aaj Teri shadi ho jayegi aur tu apne sasural chali jayegi. Toh wahin rehna. Baat baat par muh utha kar hamare Ghar mat AA Jana." Rajiv said in his normal calm voice.

("See how much money we are wasting on you. So don't flog that into the ground. Today you will get married and go to your in-laws house. So stay there only. No need to come to our house on small matters.")

Dekh, shadi ke baad sasural hi ladki ka actual Ghar hota hai. Toh wahan achhe se rehna. Sabki respect karna and obey whatever they say. I don't want any complaints from them. And one the most important - we are your parents and how much ever we hate this. But it's a fact which we can't change. Whatever you do affects our life also. So don't do anything which brings shame to us and reputation.  And if you want you can come here, but just like a guest - come, stay for a few hours and leave with your husband. Never ever even think that if your husband throws you out of his house, because of your doings then you can come here. Because I won't let you step into my house if something like that happens." Gargi completed.

("See, after marriage, the in-laws house is the actual home of the girl.  So be nice out there.  respect everyone...")

Saying that giving a look Rajiv and Gargi left from there when they heard the sound of music indicating Barath has come. Simran kept sitting there for a few seconds blinking her eyes to resist her tears from shedding then sighing she got up from the chair and laid down on the bed carefully not to mess her hair or makeup.

At the entrance of the banquet hall, Abhay was stopped for the 'Ribbon Cutting Ceremony' by Simran's cousin sisters and Chitra who took part in every ritual half heartedly. Getting asked for money as shagun, girls let Abhay come in after Gargi did his aarti.