"Wh-what?" He stammers. "N-no, I- I mean... I barely know 'im..."

"You seemed to take an interest in him," I tease.

"I just... liked the attention he was giving me, s'all."

I smile a little.

"Senpai... When Yosuke says all this crap about guys like us... Uh, guys like me... liking guys... Doesn't that make you mad?"

"More upset, really," I half-laugh. "I don't get what his problem is, but... It hurts, I guess."

"I get that it's hard," he sighs. "But... If he hates you just 'cause of your feelings... Can you really call him your friend?"

"I..." I mutter. "I don't know. Probably not, huh?"

"...Hey... I didn't mean to ruin the mood," he scratches the back of his neck.

"It's alright," I sigh. "Let's just... distract ourselves, yeah?"

"Yeah," he nods.

~~~

Yosuke's POV:

"This totally blows," I groan, throwing my head back in the chair, almost knocking myself over.

For the past hour, Chie and Yukiko have been talking about the most boring shit, I swear to god.

It's all about studies, and clothes, and their taste in guys... Dude! I don't wanna hear all that shit.

Especially since, if one of them has a crush on me, I wanna hear it more privately.

"Hey, you get back to work," Chie scoffs, crossing her legs.

"...I was ready, though," I shrug. "Y'know. For training. And then Yu and Kanji just..."

"It's not all that bad," Yukiko tries to smile. "I mean, it's usually better when we head inside the TV on rainy days, isn't it?"

"Ooh, true!" Chie agrees. "I dunno, but rainy days are the best for training!"

"Maybe for you," I sigh. "Today was the day. I was gonna show Yu the new skill Jiraya learned."

"What a show-off," Chie rolls her eyes. "I learned a new skill, too, but my first instinct isn't to go tell Yu-kun right away!"

"Yeah," I scoff. "But-"

"Konohana Sakuya is really good with Agi skills," Yukiko giggles, twirling the straw of her milkshake with her fingers. "But she kind of sucks when it comes to physical attacks."

"That's where I come in," Chie smirks.

"Hey, I have physical skills, too," I point out.

"Sorry, Yosuke. But this duo's already been formed," she smiles mischievously.

"That's bullshit," I frown. "That means I have no one."

"Yu-kun wouldn't be your duo?" Yukiko raises an eyebrow.

"Not with Kanji around," I mutter.

"Teddie, then," she nods.

"No way," I groan. "That little shit is more trouble than he's worth."

"Hm... I do wonder what the deal is with Yu-kun and Kanji-kun, though," Chie ponders.

"Eh, who knows?" I shrug.

"Better watch out, Yosuke-kun," Yukiko teases. "Kanji-kun's trying to take your place!"

"What?" I say, quickly, before I even have chance to process my thoughts.