Chapter 5: Surprise dungeon.

Start from the beginning

But before she could do anything, a portal suddenly formed from her grimoire and began to sucked her in.

"What the-" Miki startled. But it was too late, the portal had already pulled her in.

————————————

Asta is just doing his normal training when he senses someone behind him, thinking it was Yuno, he asked if his rival was going to watch him train until the person spoke up and he realized it was Nash.

"Oh Nash, why are you here?" The ash-haired boy asked.

"Just watching a stupid person doing a stupid thing." Nash huffed.

"Oi?! What do you mean stupid?!" shouted as the younger lad.

"It is! You can't even use magic! And you're going to take the magic knight exam? You're going to fail."

"But that's not decided yet! Look! I even had a grimoire!" Asta said. "I'll get into a magic knight and then I'll become a wizard-"

"NO YOU WON'T!" Nash snapped. "Poor people like us don't get to dream like that."

It is visible that the red head boy is very frustrated, all of his life he was forced to believe that magic and status is everything in this world and without them, you're nothing. But here he is, seeing someone who has neither of them trying to fight back his fate, the thought of it alone sets the young boy back so much.

"Nash..." Asta walked up to the boy and then...

"YOU CAN'T JUST GIVE UP LIKE THAT YOU KNOW?! POSSIBILITIES EXIST IN EVERYONE!" The ash blond boy shouted at him.

"Shut up! No they don't!" Nash cried back, covering his ear from the last assault to them.

"Yes! They do!" Asta doesn't give up. "Look, I'm chasing my dream right now! Even if you're poor, you can be an amazing person. Do anything you want, make your dreams come true and make the people you care about happy."

Asta then picks up his sword.

"And I'm going to prove that. I'll join the magic knights and be the wizard king!"

And with that, Asta swings his sword and breaks a big boulder. In that moment, Nash, a pessimistic kid who is set on his fate in the world, saw something.

A hope. A light of hope that maybe, just maybe, people like him can also make a difference.

"Yuno and Miki will succeed as well, and the three of us will join the magic knights!" Asta continued, and at that precise instant, his thoughts changed.

"I wonder what Miki is doing?"

————————————

"AHHHHHH! WHAT IS GOING ONNNNN????!!!!" Miki shrieks as she continues to fall deeper into the portal. Just a mere minute ago, she's just trying to learn new spells. Now, she's going who-know-where thanks to her grimoire.

Suddenly, Miki felt her body hit the ground below.

"Oof-" She huffed before slowly getting up.

"Ow..." She whined, rubbing her head as she tried to take the environment around her. The portal had already closed and she's now in the dark.

It was dark and cold, her eyes took a while so she could adjust to the place and that's when she saw it.

"A cave?" she asked to no one in particular, well, not like she had anyone anyway.

The place she landed on is a connecting point to different tunnels because she can clearly see 6 different paths leading to different routes whenever she turns around.