"What?" Beth and Ruby gasped.

"Why was he making food?" Annie wondered.

"It's a thank you for sucking him off!" I snapped with a bit of sarcasm.

"Was the food good at least?"

I felt my eye twitch as I gave Annie a look. "Yes, it was delicious. And the only reason why he was there was because Beth offered to do another job, without asking us how we feel about it."

Ruby's mouth dropped as she looked at Beth. "You asked for this?"

Beth tried to defend herself. "It's not like we don't need the money. We all still need the money." I slapped the back of Beth's head. "Ow, Perrie!"

"Are you out of your mind?" I asked her. "I know we need the money but there's a better way to do it than..." I motioned to the body. "...this."

Beth motioned to the body. "Not this." Annie held her hand over her mouth to hide her laughter. "Shhh."

"I'm sorry," Annie chuckled. "I just can't believe it's you and not me. Come on, it's crazy."

"Look, I just said that we would possibly, if the circumstances were right, pick up another load of the fake cash."

"You can't just pick and choose what job you want," I hissed. "If that was the case then I would have quit mines a long time ago." I ran my hand through my hair. "I can't believe you volunteered us."

"It's not drugs. It's paper. I mean, it's literally paper."

"You can't sign people up for criminal activity like it's a bake sale," Ruby helped scold.

"Noted. But can you just help me get this person out of my house right now?"

"Oh, you want some help now?"

"I'm sorry. Why don't you call Perrie's new boyfriend, the other gangbanger?" Annie gave me a curious look. "You two didn't -"

"No!" I snapped, which got Annie to throw her hands up in surrender. "Rio and I didn't do anything."

Annie smirked at me. "Oh...Rio? So you two are on a first-name basis? Did he give it to you so you can scream it while he -"

"Nothing happened between us, geez."

"Then you wouldn't mind..." Annie motioned to the unconscious man on the bed.

I rolled my eyes as I went over and dug into his pockets. "Can't believe I'm doing this." I gave Beth a pointed look. "I am knocking his ass out if he tries anything."

"As you should," Ruby encourages me. "Just be careful."

My eyes widened when I pulled out something that is definitely not a phone. "Fucking shit," I gasped as I held up the gun. "Take it. Take it."

"I don't want it," Beth said.

"Just fucking take it."

Beth shuddered as she held the gun. "Oh, my..."

I took a deep breath before I shoved my hand back into his pocket. Once I grabbed his phone, I held it up and backed away real quick. "Ok, I have it. I have it." The girls gathered around me as I began scrolling through his contacts. "Where are you, mother fucker?"

Man, all of his recent calls have been going to his mother. And one at Papa John's. Why didn't he just go to his mother's in the first place?

"A-ha!" I cheered when I finally found Rio.

》》》》

I gave that bitch a good ten minutes of cussing him out the moment he answered the phone. Yet, the fucker had the audacity to laugh at me before saying he'll be at Beth's. Ugh, I don't care if he's cute or has a nice laugh, I'm going to kick his ass.

"That is not what I meant when I said we'd do another job," Beth complained. "Who is that guy?"

"He works for me," Rio said. Way to be vague.

"No shit, dumbass," I snapped. "What does he do? Does he wash the money or something?" The cunt fucking smirked at me.

"Regardless, there's been a miscommunication," Beth argued - very badly, might I add.

"Oh, so you think you can pick and choose what you wanna do and when you wanna do it," Rio bit back.

"Of course, she did. She doesn't like thinking shit through," I said.

Ruby nodded in agreement before adding, "She thought it would be like driving for Uber."

"Who's at fault is not important," Beth continued.

"Which is yours," I concluded but was ignored.

"We are not qualified to take care of a gunshot victim. I mean, your friend needs professional medical attention." Rio pouted his lips while shaking his head. "You're shaking your head. Why are you shaking your head?"

"Beth, he can't go to the hospital," I stated. "Why don't you think? With any gang-related, you never take your guy to the hospital. People are either looking for him and/or the cops will get involved which will lead to an investigation. Then they need to shut down their business or murder the rival gang. Maybe both."

"What if those people show up here?" Beth wondered. Which I understand because she has family and she's worried about them.

Rio dug into his pocket. "Trust me, ain't nobody gonna shoot up Beaver Cleaver's house," he pointed out."

To my surprise, he pulled out a wad of cash from his pocket before setting it on the porch. Did he really think we're gonna do this? For what? $1,000?

"No, I'm sorry. That is not gonna work," Beth declined.

He pulled out another wad of cash. "No?"

"I..." Annie held her breath while Ruby tried to look away. No, we shouldn't be doing this. It is wrong and... "I have children."

Right? Beth has her kids in the house. What are they going to think if they see a man bleeding out on the bed?

Rio smirked again as he pulled out another stack.

"He's up there in my daughter's bed. I'm never gonna get that blood out," Beth screeched. Her voice was slowly breaking as she tries to not give in to the temptation.

"I mean, she could sleep on the floor. Kids love that stuff," Annie pointed out.

"I'm pretty sure it'll cover a new mattress," Ruby said.

I glared at the girls. "You guys, no. We wanted out, remember?" Rio dug into his pocket and placed another stack. My eyes widened. No, Perrie. Don't do it. "I think - I think I'm gonna pass."

"Perrie?" Annie called out. I looked to see her giving me a puppy dog face. It...It is a lot of money. And Finn can get out soon if I have it.

"Ok, fine," I sighed in defeat. Rio grinned. "So, do we get the money now or..."

"When I pick him up," he said.

"When's that?" Ruby asked.

"When I pick him up."

"Sounds fair," Annie breathed.

"So, we got a deal, ladies? Or what?" Rio asked but his gaze was on me. Oh, he ticks me off so much. I want to wipe that stupid smirk off his face.

Heartless》Good GirlsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara