"Oh. Y-yah. Uh- thank you sir- I mean Liam. Sorry... I was on the club team outside of school since I'm just a fifth year. Year seven is when secondary school try outs are for an actual team so I was going to spend all year training with my club mates." He said with a hint of joy. He knew it wasn't his choice but he came to like the sport. It made him excited to talk about what he liked with someone. When he realized that he wouldn't be able to try out with some of his classmates and teammates, it made him sad.

Liam didn't go without noticing his face drop slightly. His chest felt like it tightened. He knew recollecting the thought of his life in Wolverhampton probably is what made him sad so he tried to change the subject seamlessly. "Liam is just fine. Sir make me feel old, and club is fun! I never got the chance to be in a club team so I'm sort of jealous. Let me ask you this... Messi or Ronaldo?" He said crossing his arms on the table and raising his brow.

It's like instantly Ezra felt comfort wash over him. He wasn't tense or on edge anymore. Someone who could talk about the sport with him was good in his book and the fact that his now father was knowledgeable about it made him all the more happy.

"Mmm... Ronaldo. He's just super quick with his feet and has precise aim with his kicks." He said as the corner of his mouth curled up.

For the most part, while Louis and Niall discussed something Zayn was tuned in, but since Liam sat in front of him, he could see him and Ezra interacting. It was a sight he only saw when Liam had Ashton or Freddie around. Anytime since they had been married and he interacted with a child it always warmed Zayns heart so why wasn't it doing it now? He thought.

Andy was typing away at his phone, as Louis and Niall continued. Seconds later the waitress came to the table and took everyone's drinks and food orders. After she left Niall ended up talking to Andy across from him about something, and Liam and Ezra kept talking about sports. Louis turned to Zayn cautious not to speak loud enough for the ones around them to hear. Luckily the music that played above their heads was loud enough to block out surrounding conversations enough.

"You okay there Z?" Louis asked directly next to him.

"Yeah. I'm fine... why do you ask?" He responded back.

"You haven't really said a word." He shrugged to him.

"Sorry. Just a lot... you know?"

"Yeah. You know if you ever feel like talking I'm always here for you. I know this is all at once but I believe in the both of you." Louis said sounding as sympathetic as he possibly could. Zayn picked up on it and wanted to just bust out crying. If he believed it then why didn't he feel like it himself?

"Thanks Lou. Of course." Zayn said with a plastered smile, but deep down Louis knew there was more than he let on. Their food arrived while they all dug in. Occasionally they would tune into what one person had to say, which for the most part was Louis and Niall trying to cut the air. This time however it was Andy.

"So Zayn! Last time I had seen you was probably the wedding right?" He said questionably. He knew it was then but he hadn't said anything to Zayn just yet and it was long overdue.

He froze for a second at his name as he was finishing his burger. He wasn't expecting Andy to talk to him, since they had been already more than halfway through the meal. "Uhm yeah. I guess that's how long it's been." He said with a really big smile.