Chapter 12: Big, Green, And Misunderstood

Start from the beginning

As Hulk was trying to shield his face while simultaneously, blindly swinging his arm in the direction of the men, the men got even closer to him.

They stepped through the Hulk-shaped hole in the wall, and into the alley, continuing to shoot.

Without hesitating, as soon as the men stepped into the ally, and into my eyeline.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

I shot the men, their bodies hitting the ground.

The sudden quiet from the guns no longer being shot, made Hulk look up over the arm that was protecting his face.

Now, in hindsight, my next move was definitely not my brightest moment.

Without really thinking about it, I climbed through the rubble of the building, and made my way closer to him.

His eyes just watched my every movement.

When I got about a few feet from him, definitely less than an arm's reach for him.

I began to bend down, to look at his face.

He was still slumped down, basically laying on the ground from when he stumbled out here.

Hulk's nostrils flared, and his lips parted, as if he was about to let out a yell.

"Are you alright?" I stayed in my crouching position, not moving my hands toward him, just looking into his eyes.

Hulk's face contorted from about to go on another rampage, to... Confused? Curious? Surprised?

His eyes frantically looked around my person, trying to see if I had a weapon drawn, trying to find some sort of clue to my deception.

But he found nothing. His eyes returning to mine.

"Can you stand?" I said

He let out air from his nostrils while giving me the tiniest head nod.

I held out my hand, for him to take.

I honestly don't know why I would do that. It's not like I could actually help him stand if he couldn't do it on his own.

But the gesture was still nice.

Hulk's eyes looked down at my outreached hand, then they slowly made their way back up to my face.

He slowly and cautiously began bringing his hand to mine.

When his hand got close enough, only about a few inches from my hand, he stopped.

My eyes go back to meet his, but he is still looking at our hands.

His eyebrows are scrunched together like he is thinking.

When I returned my gaze to our hands, he slowly closed his hand.

And put his index finger.

He slowly lowered his index finger into my hand.

Even just his finger was bigger than my entire hand. But I still wrapped my hand around his finger.

My eyes went to meet his, but he was already looking at my face, waiting for my reaction.

I gave him a small reassuring smile.

He let out a large breath, like... A laugh? One that someone lets out when they can't believe what they did actually worked.

He was smiling. It was small, but he was.

He also knew I would be able to actually help him up, but he still let me hold onto him.

He used his other hand to help him stand up from the ground.

This entire interaction felt like I was dreaming, because, what the hell.

As he stood, still smiling down at me. He looked around at the mess of debris I climbed to for him, scrunching his eyebrows together once again.

He looked down at me,

"You.... trust Hulk?"

I shook my hand, telling him yes.

His smile got even bigger.

"We go up."

I looked up towards the sky, then back at him.

"Okay."

He took his finger out of my hand, slowly motioning his hand, so that he could grab me.

Kind of like how children hold a Barbie.

I gave him a nod, telling him it is alright.

He lifted me to his face.

"Hulk." He said while pointing his other hand at himself.

I let out a little laugh,

"I know." While smiling at him, patting his hand that is wrapped around me.

"Y/n..?" He said while he pointed at me.

I nodded my head.

He smiled big,

"Hulk keep Y/n safe. No drop"

I gave him a big grin, and nodded my hand.

And without another second, Hulk was leaping into the air.

Honestly, it was so fucking cool.

When we touched the ground again, we landed in the middle of the town, fighting happening all around us, from every direction.

Hulk gently lowered me to the ground and let me go.

He was, surprisingly sweet. Maybe it was Bruce inside or, maybe Hulk and I just understood each other. People judge us, and made us hide away. HIm because of how he looked, and what he was. Me, because people didn't know what I looked like and because of what I am.