CHAPTER 2 - THE DESIRE OF THE ONE

Some time before the First Battle.
Valkyrie Corridor: Queen's Room

Brunhilde was standing, deep in thought, in front of a panel depicting the most powerful humans in history. Seated to her right was her younger sister, Gēir, observing her.

- Sister, what is it that you've been staring at for so long? You've been looking at those humans for about thirty minutes now. Isn't it boring? - Said Gēir.

- A fighter... a warrior, a swordsman, a king, a genius? ... Musashi Miyamoto? No, he's strong, but... Marie Curie? No, she was a great alchemist, but I need someone who can fight a very powerful god, as the gods will likely choose the strongest from a pantheon to fight in the first battle. - Brunhilde thought as she fiddled with the holographic panel while looking at the representations of the humans she was talking about.

A strong man with an intimidating presence entered through the "Divine Door" where the chosen humans emerged to fight. He spoke - I will fight him.

Brunhilde looked back and was surprised by this being, but at the same time confused as she hadn't chosen him, meaning he couldn't be there.

- No matter who my enemy is, I will destroy him with my bare hands. - Said Bruce Lee.

- Before you ask, while I asked you a question and you just kept staring at this hologram, I chose this human. You know, I'm a genius. You're welcome. - Gēir said to Brunhilde.

- You impudent girl! But thank you. I was quite indecisive about whom to choose. And, Mr. Lee, are you sure you want to fight a god? -Brunhilde said.

- Human, animal, monster or divinity, I defeat them all. I am the strongest, and to prove my power, I'll do anything, because I am "The One". - Bruce replied to Brunhilde.

- He's more than I thought he was... He's definitely the chosen one. - Thought the Valkyrie Queen.

- Bruce Lee, you will be the First Representative of Humanity. The preparation and strengthening room is two rooms to the right. You can go there and do your best. - Brunhilde said to Bruce.

- I won't do my best. I am the best. - Lee replied as he left for the place where the queen spoke.

Arriving there, Bruce began to train his best moves.

- It's been a long time since I fought. It reminds me of how I got here... - He thought.

September 27th, 1940, a boy in California, who would later be a representative of humanity, was born.

- We can't take care of this boy, dear, and you know it, don't you? - Said Lee Hoi-Chuen, Bruce's father, in a threatening tone. Hoi didn't actually want a child.

Hoi-Chuen was a wealthy man and well-regarded in society, as he was an opera star.

Bruce Lee was the result of an unplanned pregnancy; his father never wanted a child, and out of carelessness, he didn't care for him. Even though he was rich, he claimed he couldn't raise him. His mother, on the other hand, as the days went by, realized that he wasn't the right man for her or anyone. Someone with a soul like that, who rejects his own child, deserves nothing. On October 28th, 1940, she divorced him and went to live with her father in China.

After 11 years, Bruce Lee saw his grandfather teaching Kung Fu at the dojo. His grandfather was a master and had a dojo called Qin Shin Kai in his house.

Bruce began to take an interest in the art of Kung Fu.

- Grandpa! I want to fight too! - Lee exclaimed.

- Oh? My dear grandson! So, you want to learn Kung Fu at such a young age? Well, for martial arts, age is irrelevant. - Bruce's grandfather, Lee Hyu-Tao, asked.