✔️Chapter 8 (Handwriting)

Chapter 8

Scheid's POV

Fifteen minutes ago...

I'm not sure what time our department meeting will end, so I immediately made an announcement in our group chat that I might not be able to make it to my afternoon classes, which run from five to nine in the evening. This group chat is exclusive to class presidents only. I created it to make it easier for me to give important announcements, just like this one. After sending the message, they will be the ones to pass the information to their classmates.

I told them early on that we won't have classes anymore, even before the meeting was extended for another hour. I've done what needs to be done so that my students won't get tired of going to classes at odd hours, but while the meeting is ongoing, I'm thinking about my students who belong to international classes. Those who don't have a block or those who are mixed in with other classes. I have no contact with them or a way to reach them. I'm concerned about all of them because I know how far the Terefania Building is from the main building of the campus. I don't want them to go there and find out that there's no class.

During the meeting, I'm contemplating whether I should still bother to attend my last class tonight. Okay, I'll just admit it, that student of mine sometimes slips into my mind, Miss Zuluetevo. Yeah... I assume she's an international student even though I don't have any proof to confirm it. But... she was a homeschooler before, so maybe that's why?

I firmly pressed the silver button of my pen onto the table before tucking it into the pocket of my long sleeve. I drew in a breath from the depths of my lungs, risking a miracle that could clear my head. It was only now that I realized what I was doing, so I stopped before my co-teachers could notice.

So what if they get tired? This only happens once in a while. Next time, I'll add them to the group chat without feeling guilty. I should have done that earlier, especially for sudden meetings like this.

But I don't know why this urge, which I initially thought was pointless, ended up overpowering me. I remember spending last night with that particular student. Her image is still fresh in my mind, even from the shortest distance between us. Every smile, every movement of her lips, every gesture, smell, and word she uttered, I still remember them all. Among all the students I've interacted with, she's the only one whose presence I still can't figure out.

"Because she's Brooke Shields from any angle you look at her!" my other world whispered to me.

That's true. I couldn't deny her beauty last night, whether from afar or up close. She's really a beautiful young girl, but I see her as a child more than a young lady. I look at all my students as children. It's just a reminder that I shouldn't have any attraction to any of them. Besides, based on her year level, she's probably only seventeen to nineteen years old. She's still a child, a young lady at most.

Because of my thoughts, it pushed me to make a decision. Alright, I'll go to the Terefania Building to write a note on the board that there's no class. I see my students as children, so I'll show them some kindness.

As soon as the University President dismissed the meeting, I quickly gathered my things and stood up. I'm heading to the Terefania Building to write the note early. I'll just catch up on whatever I can.

"Babe!"

I am strongly affected by the loud call from Tara. I slowly exhaled before facing her. She caught me leaving the hall.

"Hey! Mr. Fawzi, you're leaving early today, huh? I told you earlier, didn't I?"

I smiled before facing her fully. "Hey. Sorry, Miss Tara, if this time is an exception to your invitation... I have something important to attend to..."