ChApTeR-42❤️

"Virat, idhar koi shaitani nahi karna ok?" Sach pa said for the 10th time desperately but he already knew that it was hopeless. He looked to his side and saw Dale telling Glenn something along the same lines but Glenn wasn't even pretending to listen. Both the guardians' eyes met and they let out a collective sigh.

"Ok Virat, we have to go! Dhyaan rakhna apna!" Sach pa said as he gugged him.

"Bye papa!" Virat whispered into the hug.

"If you need any prank ideas, call me." Rohit told him as he hugged him making Virat laugh.

"And if you need ways to get out of trouble, call me!" Yuvi pa said as he grabbed Virat. He smile sheepishly when Sach pa gave him a stern look.

"And if you need anything, call me!" Mahi bhai said as he hugged his little brother tightly.

"Mujhe pata h bhaiyya! Main aapko roz call karunga!" Virat exclaimed into the hug.

"Group hug!" Rohit squealed as he and Yuvi pa climbed onto Mahi bhai and Virat while Sach pa looked at them fondly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Try not to raise hell on earth while we're gone, mate!" AB said as he hugged Maxi.

"Isn't that a little too much to ask this kid, B?" Faf asked teasingly as he took Maxi into a hug. "Call me if you need any prank ideas, little trouble!" Faf said playfully whispering.

"Why do you guys want me to grow white hair before my time boys?" Dale asked whining.

"AB, why aren't you telling them off?" he asked AB suspiciously. He was usually the one who told his best friend and little brother off when things like this happened.

"Well, turns out, I don't actually mind the pranks." AB said with a smirk.

Faf and Maxi would have laughed at the horrified look on Dale's face if they had not been so terrified themselves.

"Noo! What happened to you my boy?" Dale asled as he pressed his hand on AB's forehead.

"Just adapting." AB answered simply. Dale just looked on mournfully.

"Ok boys, we need to leave!" Sach pa said as he came towards them. AB and Faf went and hugged Virat.

"Bye little biscuit! Give them hell, kid!" Faf said jokingly. He could feel the disapproving looks of the guardians boring into his soul. But for now, he had made the kid smile and that was enough.

"Have fun biscuit! Call me if the grumpy warden troubles you!" AB said and now even Sach pa looked terrified and he looked at Dale.

"What happened to him?" Sach pa asked Dale.

"I don't know. He just said he washroom simply adapting." Dale said quietly.

Mahi bhai, Rohit and Yuvi pa just stared at them suspiciously. What was this 'biscuit'?
But they left the topic for now and went to hug Maxi.

"Take care of yourself, kid! And have fun!" Mahi bhai said softly to Maxi and Yuvi pa and Rohit followed his lead.

They slowly got into the car that would take them to the airport.

The younger boys dutifully waved at the car until it was out of sight.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Maxi finally looked at all the luggage that Virat was carrying.

"Are you staying here forever?" Maxi asled dumbfounded.

"No only till they come back from the tour." Virat answered confused. Didn't Maxi already know this?

"Why do uou have so many bags then?" Maxi asked.

"Oh, that bag has my clothes, this one my books and this one snacks ans this one games and movies..." Virat answered pointing at his bags.

"Did you just say movies and snacks? What are you waiting for, dude!" Maxi asked as he picked up some of his bags and led the way to his room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Favourite sport?" Maxi asked as soon as theg entered the room. They were room mates after all, playing 20 questions was totally justified.

"Cricket. Yours?" Virat asked back. Well, two could play the game.

"Cricket." Maxi replied.

"Favoutite colour?"

"Blue." Virat answered.

"White" Glenn replied his question.

"Favourote batsman?" Virat asked. "Let's answer the questions together." Virat suggested.

"Ok so on the count of three? 1. 2. 3 -"

"Sachin Tendulkar." they both answered at the same time.

"Favourote subject?"

"Nothing." they both replied in sync and smiled at each other.

"Most hated subject?"

"Maths!" they both exclaimed together.

"Dude! Get out of my head!" both of them exclaimed together and laughed.

"Looks like we'll get along well!" Virat said laughing.

"Wanna go get ice cream?" Maxi asked.

"The older ones will kill us!" Virat exclaimed.

"What they don't know, can't hurt them!" Maxi tempted.

"What are we waiting for, then?" Virat exclaimed as he draggwd Maxi out of the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

While walking around on the streets, the boys lost track of time. The curfew to enter the hostel was around 8 o'clock but it was 9:30 already.

"Virat, I need you to be quiet. We'll have to sneak back." Maxi warned.

"Okay." Virat agreed. He clutched his bag of ice cream in one hand and clutched Maxi's band with the other. They were slowly moving around when Maxi suddenly stopped. Virat was about to ask what happened when he heard the warden and Mr. Gautam's voice. The two of them were standing with another man who was standing in the shadows.

"Did you guys hit your head somewhere? You do realise that ghosts are not real right?" the hooded figure asked them.

"Yes we know. But it was so real! You remember, it was the same day seventeen years ago! They said that we will not know peace!"

"You said it yourself! It's been 17 years. I'm sure they wouldnt be back for revenge after all this time."

Glenn and Virat were still trying to move and a dry leaf crunched under their feet.

"Who is there?" the hooded figure asked.

"It has to be one of the brats after curfew." the warden said.

"I'll go look!" Gautam sir said as he went towards where the noise had come from. Glenn and Vieat held their breaths at they heard the footsteps come closer to them.

The footsteps kept getting closed and closer to them and Virat closed his eyes.

"Aaaaah!" Professor Gautam screamed suddenly as a mouse ran towards him from its hiding. The warden too was screaming and the third man was looking at them so his attention wasn't on Virat and Glenn. The duo decided that this would be the best time to escape making as little noise as they could. But they could not help but wondering, what were they talking about? What ghosts? In a distance, they could still here their voices.

"You idiots, stop being scared of everything. What happened that summer - no one would know. I made sure of that."