Once I reached the door, and knocked three times. "Come in." I hear. I turn the door knob and walk in, back as straight as a line.

I step in front of his desk.

"What brings you here Lt. parker?" He says eyes burning into mine.

"I can not finish this mission sir. Something personal came up and I have to go back home. I have to start heading back today." I say.

"We are close to finishing ma'am."

"I know sir. But I'm afraid if I don't go home now I will regret it."

"Okay. Grab your stuff out of your locker and I will inform the team that you will be leaving. Is that all?"

"Yes sir."

"You may go."

"Thank you sir."

"You're welcome Lt."

I walk out of the office and relax a little bit before heading down to the locker rooms. Our base was an older one so there was only one locker room. I walk over to my locker, pulling out my bag I put all of my flight gear in it and the picture I gave hanging up in my locker.

I sling my bag over my shoulder and close the metal locker, leaving out of the doors. Making my way outside, I put my duffel bag in my car. As I am exiting the security clearance, I see the people I was on this assignment with, just getting in. Perfect timing.

Knowing Jake was gone to work, I park at his house and use the key he gave me, to go inside. I make sure that I get everything of mine and leave the key on the counter, before exiting out of the garage and closing both of the doors.

Heading back to my own house, I get everything that I had brought, which was basically just my cloths and a few other stuff. I pack it all in my travel bag and leave the key on the counter for the second time around, leaving the house in the distance.

Back home I go. Back home to Phoenix. Back home to Baby. Back home to Florida.

Jakes POV:

As I drive back to base, my mind wonders to other directions. Like what happened last night. I shouldn't of yelled at Hadley like that but she didn't even ask what I was going through. I think the break up was for the best. But it was undoubtedly going to be awkward at work.

I park my truck in the same place j park every other day and head inside. Waiting and talking with Archer, who was in my squadron, we wait until Admiral Wallace comes in and gives us out lesson plans.

"Attention on deck!" A voice calls in the hanger.

Chairs screech along the concrete creating this awful sound.

"At ease." Everyone sat down looking at our mission leader. "Lt. Hadley Parker will not be continuing with us on this mission anymore due to personal issues I do not know of." He looked around watching our confused faces. "Moving on..."

I stare at the wall in front of me. When Hadley said that she was going home, she meant it. She went back home to Florida.

*three years later*

Payback and I arrive at the base around the same time. Top Gun had called us back. No one knew why, but everyone reported back. I haven't talked to or seen Hadley since the night we broke up.

We sat down, Payback with Fanboy, his back seater and I sat in the front. After the Admiral had called the floor and told us to sit back down he started his speech.

"Welcome to your special training detachment. Be seated. I'm admiral Bates, NAWDC commander. You're all top gun graduates. The elite. The best of the best. That was yesterday. The enemy's new fifth-generation fighter has leveled the playing field.
Details are few, but you can be sure we no longer possess the technological advantage. Success, now more than ever, comes down to the man or woman in the box. Half of you will make the cut. One of you will be named mission leader. The other half will remain in reserve.

"Your instructors are top gun graduates with real-world experiences in every mission aspect you will be expected to master. Their exploits are legendary.  And they're considered to be two of the finest pilots this program has ever produced. What they have to teach you may very well mean the difference between life and death. I give you captain Pete Mitchell. Call sign: "Maverick." And Hadley Parker. Callsign: "Raptor", now you do not formally address Miss. Parker, for she now works for the Pentagon."

He walks off the stage. I turn my head back, hearing the clacking of high heels and boots. I see the man I threw out of the bar last night and the girl I never wanted to see again.

She had black leather pants and a white shirt tucked in. She carried a black binder, while her black heels clacked across the Hangers floor. Halfway had her long brown hair down, curled.

I turn my head and watch as they stop in front of the podium. Maverick stood to the side as Hadley opened her binder and started speaking.

"This mission is not for the weak, it will test you in every way possible. Now it might kill ya', are you okay with that?" She scanned the chairs as she skipped over me.

"Yeah."

"Yes."

"Damn right."

People respond to her. "Once you are in this mission and are selected, there is no way of backing out. In a few days we will start your training for the actual mission that you will be required to meet. I wanted to start today, but due to Mavericks request we will be doing something else. Maverick? They're all yours."

Hadley stepped back as Maverick started talking. I watch Hadley the entire time. She lost some weight, but definitely gained healthy muscle. It wasn't until I saw her, I realized how much I truly missed her these years.

.