𝑥𝑖𝑣.𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡

When you left you didn't even think to tell your friends. Nor could you be bothered to, who are you kidding though they probably don't care. All you wanted was to get away from this shit.

You never wanted to go to a party ever again. Sure, you could think back to the numerous times when you used to get black out drunk and swear you'd never attend a part again but this was different.

You hated how the only thing your friends spoke of was gossip. Bringing people down was the very core to your friend group. It was the most toxic relationship you've ever experienced.

But Seishiro was a breath of fresh air. Your relationship with Seishiro as children was the purest thing you've ever known. Even now Seishiro was the only person that you could count on, but you had nothing to offer him in return.

So as the two of you walk home you allow yourself to revel in his comfort. You allow yourself to be selfish and take from him just a little bit more. Now and then he squeezes your hand keeping you grounded. You can see from your peripheral vision how he turns to look at you every now and again.

"Sorry, that you couldn't stay for the party." You spoke up recognizing that you two would be home soon.

"Eh, I didn't actually care to go. Reo was the one who wanted to go." He said. You looked up at him scanning his features for any sign of a lie. However, you found none instead Seishiro's eyes stared back at you. The eyes that you've known since as long as you can remember.

The two of you arrived back home and quietly entered careful not to awake your sleeping parents. Seishiro gives your hand one last squeeze before he leaves you at your room. Your hand is left feeling cold and your left alone to your thoughts.

You frown as you let the tears forming in your eyes finally full down your cheeks. You silently cry to yourself, your friends words echoing in your mind. Every time you want to leave them with out fail every good memory you've had with them comes flooding back too.

No matter how much you hated them you just couldn't get yourself to leave them. Oh, how you wish you were strong enough too though. But, then what you're left with no friends.

You groan as you struggle to take off your shoes your blurry vision not doing much to help. You sigh in content when you finally get them off.

You go to the bathroom connected to your room and take in how you look. Your hair is in a slight disarray and your mascara has smeared heavily thanks to your crying. You can't help but let out a small laugh at you appearance.

You take out your makeup remover and quickly worked to clean your face. You reach around to unzip your dress but to your dismay you can't reach it. You turn in place desperately trying to undo your dress but it's for naught. You whine in frustration as more tears run down your face.

You purse your lips getting over your pride and deciding to seek help from the only other person up right now. You walk down the hallway and softly knock on Seishiro's door. For a moment your left with no reply and it only increases your thumping heart rate.

He finally opens the door and you see he's already dressed out of his old clothes and into sweats and a hoodie. Very much a Seishiro thing to do. Even as kids he would wear pajamas as much as he could, even to school if his mom would allow. Of course they would be pajamas that most people wouldn't think twice about being clothes, but you and him would know.

"Huh, what is it?" He questions.

You pout your lips too embarrassed to ask. Shifting your weight from weight from foot to foot you remind yourself that if you don't ask him you won't be able to get your dress off. "Will.. you please.. unzip my dress?" You ask playing with the ends of your dress.

"I can't reach the zipper." You add on.

Seishiro looks you up and down before he opens his door wider beckoning you in. You turned yourself around grabbing your hair in your hand.

You feel Seishiro gently grab hold of your dress and just like you had asked unzips it halfway down. He gently grabs your elbow turning you to face him. His touch leaves a wake of goosebumps, sending shivers down your spine.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" He spoke softly afraid you may close yourself off to him, the very last thing he would want.

You bite the inside of your cheek mind racing unsure of what to say what to do. Your mind stills when Seishiro's hands slide down from your elbows to your hands. He fiddles with your fingers as if they were his own calming down the anxious buzz in your mind.

"I hate my friends." You say trying your hardest to ignore the lump in your throat. "God, I hate them so much." With that final sentence tears started falling down your face again.

You take your hands from Seishiro's grasp to quickly rub at your eyes. Your eyelids sting as you harshly wipe at them. "I just wish we were kids again." You say with a sniffle finally removing your hands from your face. "Life was so much simpler then."

"Me too." Seishiro mumbles out.

"Huh?" You say quietly taken by surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah, obviously." He says with a small huff of a laugh. "I mean I have one friend that everyone in school is in love with. And whenever they see him hanging around me they freak. Afraid he may catch some disease or become a demon like me."

You furrow your brows thinking back to all the times your friends called Seishiro names. "None of those people even know what they're talking about. They're all self-absorbed and think they know it all."

"Well obviously."

"And.. I like to think that I'm still your friend.." You say hesitantly.

You watch as Seishiro's eyes slowly widen and a smile breaks out on his face. "Me too."

Your face mirrored his own with your smile.  Your heart was beating so fast it felt like it was going to pop out of your chest. And the butterflies in your stomach made you want to throw up. You weren't sure you could survive staring into Seishiro's eyes much longer.

"Y/n.. no matter what ends up happening with you and your friends just know that I'll always be here for you." God he was your biggest weakest. What would you be without the the never-ending care Seishiro, shows you?

Despite what seemed humanly possible your heart rate picked up even more. You took a step forward close enough to now feel the heat radiating off of Seishiro. You placed one of your hands onto his chest using it as leverage as you stood on your tip toes to place a small peace to the corner of his lips.

"Thank you." You spoke with nothing but sincerity pulling away from his face.

Your eyes met for a moment but you stepped away from him afraid of the consequences if you looked to hard. If you were to take in everything right now.

You turned on your heel exiting his room to return to your own. For the first time all night your mind had finally forgotten about the party and now all you could think about was Seishiro. But at least you were able to get off your dress and finally shower.

Laying in bed you ran your fingertips over your lips reminiscing how it felt to have just a sliver of his lips on yours. You wished you had kissed him, you wished you had been able to finally express to Seishiro how you felt. But you knew you couldn't or rather you shouldn't. You don't deserve Seishiro and you don't want to tell him how you feel until you do.