𝑖𝑖.𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑙𝑑

Arriving home you lead Seishiro toward his new room. The basic and plain room was probably a stark contrast to his old room which was decorated with years of care and life.

"So this is your room. My parents are at the end of the hall and I'm this one." You say pointing to the door right across from his in the hall. "So if you need anything that's where we are."

"Ah, thanks," Seishiro mutters before rolling in his suitcases and looking around the room taking in his new room.

"Nagi." You call grabbing his attention again. "You and I share the bathroom next to my room. I moved all my stuff to the bottom cabinets so you have all the top ones."

Seishiro nods at the new information eyes flickering to the bathroom. "Just come back downstairs when you settle in a bit. I think dinner will be ready in about an hour and we'll all be downstairs if you need anything." Softly smiling at him you close his bedroom door to head back downstairs, allowing him time to take a breather or unpack if he decides.

Walking back into the family room your parents look up at you expectantly, to which you nod your head signifying all was well. Your Mom and Dad continued to converse with each other after you plop down on the couch beside your mom across from your dad.

After about 20 minutes Nagi joins the three of you downstairs. He sits beside you at the end of the couch and for about ten minutes your mom continues to ask about the latest in his life. He shares that he's pretty into video games and that he isn't quite sure what he wants to do in life. Besides the fact that he'll probably go into business. As Seishiro talks you can't help but recognize the old him you used to know. The way he still softly talks despite his now deep voice and the way his eyes float around the room as he talks almost like he's imagining what he's talking about. You knew you were no longer close with Seishiro but you felt special knowing these small details about him.

Your Mom soon gets up to start getting out the ingredients she needed for dinner. Your dad continues to talk with Seishiro about everything he feels he missed. Not a moment later you hear your mom groaning from the kitchen muttering something.

"What's the matter?" You call out to your mom getting up from the couch. Your Dad follows suit.

Entering the kitchen you see your mom peering into the pantry and moving stuff around. "I can't seem to find the noodles for the yakisoba. I could've sworn I bought them."

"It's no problem I can just go and walk over to the convenience store to get some." You offer quickly to solve the problem to not stress her out anymore.

"Are you sure sweetie?" Your mom asks hesitantly turning her head to look at you.

"Yeah, it's no problem just continue making the other stuff and I'll quickly run to the store ."

"..Alright thank you. Sorry, I forgot to get them."

"It's no problem." You softly laugh, "Don't apologize."

You head over to the front entryway of the house looking in your mom's purse to grab her wallet. You peek your head into the kitchen to announce your leaving before you notice Seishiros now in the kitchen.

"Do you think I could come with you?" Seishiro asks looking between you and your parents. "It'll help me get to know the area better."

"Oh, good idea!" Your mom smiles. "Alright well, we'll see you two later have fun."

"We're just getting noodles not much fun in that." You say walking back to the entryway and opening the door for Seishiro to walk out. "Bye see you soon!" You shout before closing the door.

"Don't worry the stores are not too far from here." You inform Seishiro leading the walk down the sidewalk.

Walking in silence you head down the familiar route to the store. The silence was slowly eating at you. You couldn't quite figure out if the silence was awkward or not. The air didn't feel thick you just didn't know what to say or if you had to even say anything. Does Seishiro think this is an awkward silence? I can't tell if it is.