(request) hanni › no-show

Start from the beginning

You don't get it. If she knows she won't make it, then why bother? Why do you bother? You have a crush on her, but you're starting to get fed up with this.

So you decided to confront her.

It's lunch break right now, and you're headed to the roof, where you know Hanni and her friends will be. And you were right. As soon as you pushed the door open, you were met with Hanni sharing smiles and laughter with her group of friends as they ate their lunches.

"Hanni-ssi?" You called out. You tucked your hands in your pockets.

Everyone fell quiet at the sight of you, especially Hanni. She looked slightly nervous, while her friends seemed to be eyeing you up and down.

"Can I talk to you real quick?" You looked her in the eyes carefully. You tried your best to maintain eye contact.

She reluctantly stood up. "What do you want?" She asked loudly.

You scratched the back of your neck. "I just have to talk to you."

Her friends began to whisper. Do they think that you're weird or something? You began to feel a little self-conscious, but you did your best to ignore it.

Hanni glanced around at her friends, before hesitantly following behind you. You led her to the other side of the roof and then turned to face her.

"Is there something wrong with me? Or are you just a forgetful person? What is it?" You asked. Your face was blank, a sign to her that you were being serious.

She pulled an innocent expression and looked at you with doe eyes. "What are you talking about, Y/N?" She came off as clueless to you.

"The dates, Hanni. The three dates that I've asked you out on, that you haven't showed up to."

She bit her lip. She seems nervous now, like she feels guilty about something, or she's hiding something. You don't know.

"A-Ah, about that..." She chuckled nervously. "Look, I'm sorry, but-"

"Aish, our little Hanni here doesn't go out on dates with people like you, L/N Y/N." Suddenly, Kim Minji, one of Hanni's friends, came up behind the latter and threw her arm sround her shoulder as she looked at you with a lopsided smirk.

You frowned, offended. "What do you mean?"

Minji glanced at Hanni, who seemed to be panicking, before bringing her eyes back at you. "Oh, you didn't know?" Her voice was taunting, in a way. "Hanni, here, never wanted to go on a date with you in the first place!" She laughed loudly. "In fact, Pham has been talking bad about you with us for two weeks!"

Then she began to list things that Hanni has allegedly said. "'Y/N's is pretty, but she's just so weird.' Or 'If Y/N were a lot more like Ha Soonyoung, than maybe we could work out.' Oh, oh, or remember this one, Hanni? 'At the rate that Y/N's going, she'll be single for life!'"

Minji burst out into a childish fit of laughter, while you and Hanni stood there awkwardly. Hanni's gaze was cast down at the ground-she wasn't even denying anything-while you stood with your fists clenched at your sides.

You slowly nodded your head, pursing your lips. "Okay," you muttered. "I understand." You looked over at Hanni and sighed, before turning on your heel.

But before you walked away, you looked over your shoulder and said, "You could've just told me." With that, you took off towards the rooftop door, ignoring Hanni calling out your name.

It's been a week since that day. On that day, you felt your heart ache. It felt as though someone ripped your heart out of your chest, threw it on the ground, and then stomped on it. Hearing that Hanni said those things about you greatly hurt you, but now that quite some time has passed, you feel better. You've decided to put the situation in the past and forget about it. Forget about her.