"The president is in closed door meetings at an undisclosed location with the Moon God for the foreseeable future. The Vice President will be conducting his other business until the president returns. There's no word on when that will be."

"It doesn't sound like anyone is looking for you. I wonder why that is. I said we did our homework. What do you suppose we found?" My father asked.

Now the president was looking nervous. "What did you find?"

"We found a Cabinet full of werewolf sympathizers. When we told them about our suspicions, they were more than happy to help set up this little meeting," my father said. "To hold this vote. Your actions have not been those of someone seeking peace. We can't see a change coming either."

"I vote conversion," I said.

"I vote for death," my mother said.

"Just wait a minute. This isn't how things are done," he said.

"I vote for death," my father said. "Welcome to the new way of things."

"I vote conversion," Abby said.

"I vote conversion," Serenity said.

"I vote for death," Ezra said.

"Looks like we have a tie, Aiden. How do you vote?" Jace asked.

"This is a tough one. Can I say both?" Aiden asked.

Jace got up and bit President Mills. He grabbed his neck and went reeling. He staggered over to me and I pushed him back towards Jace.

"Take the blood and make the pledge or you will die," I said.

Jace held out his arm making a puncture wound. President Mills took it in his hands and put his mouth to it and drank.

"Repeat after me," Jace said. "I Steven Mills pledge my fealty to the Moon God and all werewolf kind. Disloyalty will end in my death."

He repeated the word and his wounds healed. He was looking around with fresh eyes, and hearing with fresh ears.

"Your first shift will happen in two days. For now you can stay here in the cells," Jace said.

He sniffed the air and said, "I'm hungry. May I have something to eat?"

I went to the house and got something to heat up to bring to him. I brought an entire quiche Lorraine I was looking forward to eating, mixed vegetables and a beer."

I walked the tray back to the cells with Jace looking at me like I had three heads. He looked at the tray and removed the beer. He went to remove the quiche but I swung the tray out of his reach.

"I made that for you," he said.

"And you can make another one," I insisted.

"We don't have all of the ingredients," he says, moving closer.

"Stop flirting so I can deliver this food," I said.

He returned the beer then slapped my ass as I passed him. Steven looked like he was salivating at the smell of the food. I handed him the tray then George locked him in.

"Good to see you, Luna," he said.

"Nice to see you, George, I said.

"What's a Luna?"  Steven asked, through a mouthful of food.

"You go. I'll deal with him," George said.

Jace was waiting for me when I got up from the cells. He had a smile on his face which made him look even more handsome. I couldn't help but smile back.