He crouched down, and latched herself onto her father to prevent anyone separating them, allowing her tears to fall onto him.

"Ivy!"

"Get up please!"

"Ivy!" She felt her body be shake back and forth.

"Get the fuck up." The flustered girl opened her eyes to see her brother towering over her. She looked beside him at the intense sunlight that shone through the window.

"You good?" He asked as she slowly nodded, looking down.

"No you're not." He sat on the edge of her bed. The girl, who woke up sweating, was visibly distressed and hadn't stopped shaking since she woke up.

"What you dream about?" He reached to wipe her face drenched with tears.

"Dad. The day he died, I saw it all again." She sat up straight. "I don't wanna talk about it"

"Ight." Her brother stood up. "I got your meds so you're not late on your first day." He placed the bag on her bed.

"What time did you wake up to get these?" She glanced at the time that read 6:49am.

"Like 5."

"Oh thanks". She shot a smile his way. "Give me an hour, I'll be in the car."

With that he left, leaving her to get ready.

As Ivy entered the bathroom she went to call Kenzo,

"Hey sis."

"Hi, I'm getting ready for school right now. You know what time you'll be there?"

"Ivy I'm so sorry I can't come in today. My dumbass booked my hair appointment today thinking that school started on Tuesday."

Ivy sighed. "Oh alright. Don't worry I'll find one of Ant's friends."

"Ally should be in today, i can tell her to look for you if you want"

"Yeah, I'd rather be with someone I know. I'll call you later today I gotta get ready."

"No problem, see you!"

The two hang up and Ivy quickly completed her morning routine and chose a casual outfit. She brushed out her lash extensions and wore minimal makeup as she wasn't familiar with the general appearance of people at high school, she decided to keep it casual. Back in secondary school she wouldn't be caught without her face somewhat beat with lashes.

 Back in secondary school she wouldn't be caught without her face somewhat beat with lashes

・❥・

"You should come to the stu with us." Kay spoke.

"Who's us?" Ivy said into her phone.

"Me Lovee and Dougie. We gon' be there all day so I can pick you up if you want."