one

1993, September

Rose never understood why the good things have an end, it's true that if they didn't we wouldn't appreciate them that much, but in the world we live we don't appreciate shit, we think that everything comes for granted, we don't stop to enjoy anything.
We don't read the book, we stay at the cover, we don't analyze the art, we glance at it and we stop looking the quickest as possible.

We don't feel, or we feel too much.

It's just depressing, thinking that every single thing that you love will be gone someday, and there's nothing you can do about it.

"Rose you're so dramatic, you're literally writing depressing stuff only because summer it's over"

Rose glance at her side to look at her best friend Sabrina with an annoyed expression.

"I was really getting into it, you just distracted me" she closes the little red notebook she brings everywhere.

"Girl it's the first day we see each other since our holidays at New York I just want to talk with you or something" she says while applying gloss in her plump lips.

"Where's Gracie anyways? I feel like I don't see her since forever" she asks curiously.

"Mmm... I don't really know, I guess she told me something about forgetting her cheer outfit at home, I wasn't really listening to her" she says unbothered "Did you saw the new guy? He's cute, a little nerd but I think I like it" she asks now looking at her.

"No, I didn't, but I heard people talking about him earlier in the hallways"

"I think he's gonna be the new hottie this year"

"God 'Brina don't say 'hottie' it makes me cringe" Rose says disgusted.

"What's wrong with it" asks Sabrina clearly offended.

"I don't know it just sounds really cringe" she answers weirded out.

"Girls!" They hear someone screaming at them from afar.

Gracie comes running across the field through the stands where they are sitting.

"You don't have a clue of how much I missed you this summer" she says embracing both of them in a big hug.

"Aw me too Gracie, what took you so long?" Rose asks while she's still hugging her.

"Oh I had to go back home for the cheer uniform, I forgot it in my bedroom, you know I'm a disaster" she says while sitting down next to them.

"Did you hear about the new boy?" The little blonde asks again with a big smile.

"Oh, yes I did, Maddison stoped me on my way here and told me that his name is Joshua and that he comes from California" explains the brunette.

"From California?! Why would he want to come to this shitty town instead of staying in fucking Hollywood?!" Rose says exalted.

"I didn't asked that, I should've though" Gracie replies with a tiny laugh.

"Yeah, essential information" Sabrina continues with a "duh" expression.

The girls and Rose had been friends since they were 5, she met Sabrina first and then Gracie came and joined them. She always thinks they are the perfect combo, 'Brina is the explosive one, wherever you are if she's near you'll know, Gracie is the sweet and low key one, she has everyone's heart, and then there's Rose, the perfect stabilization between the two, not too 'Brina not too Gracie, with a strong personality but a soft heart.

They are the golden girls of the city, good grades, in the cheer team, nice and sweet, literally the girlfriend every mum would want for their son.

But every girl has her own secrets, and they're not the exception.