【 Dishonesty. 】

"Rantaro Amami" doesn't know honesty.

He is very popular, but it is not the type of popularity he wants.

Rantaro Amami was one of the last 2 survivors of Danganronpa 52. There, he was forced to abandon his old identity in exchange for a new one to play the killing game. The Ultimate Adventurer (now, the Ultimate Survivor) was forced to watch as the people he befriended in the game died, one by one, and the risk of being one of them. There, he was given a choice: play another game and save his only friend, or live his life knowing that now the said friend would be playing the game again.

He made a selfless choice and saved his friend.

This is a twisted world, where people dying on TV is considered peak entertainment. No one cares about how the people on the show feel, how scared they are, they are there for the blood and the feeling of despair.

How would his old self feel about him?

He will never know.

..

Everyone approaches him, not interested in him, only in Rantaro Amami.

They want the right to say "I am friends with a Danganronpa character!" and call it a day. No one wants him for who he is, no one is honest, they are all liars.

He will never know what a true friendship feels like anymore.

He may act friendly, say "Hello!" and wave back when you do, but he doesn't care, because he knows you don't.

That said, he has some friends. Or at least, he considers them to be, because he can't tell their true intentions.

These friends signed up for the new killing game that is going to happen, more people he will have to give up, but enjoying their time together while it still exists is his major priority.

Being around them make him feel different, maybe this is how his old self used to feel like. Maybe now he doesn't have to be Rantaro Amami, but just someone.

He doesn't know if they truly care about him outside of his identity as Rantaro Amami, but he would play another game for any of them.