Chapter 85: Xiao Jin would never do such a thing

Start from the beginning

After finishing, Emperor Qi returned the account book to the black-clothed person and instructed them to send it to Mu Mansion that evening.

"Minister Mu has accompanied me for so many years and has merits as well as hardships. If he wants to preserve his reputation and that of the entire Mu family, he knows what to do."

The black-clothed person responded, "Yes, Your Majesty."

Emperor Qi looked at the black-clothed person and said, "As for the Crown Prince, tell him that I do not want to see any fratricide happening."

The black-clothed person replied, "Your Majesty, the Crown Prince is full of compassion and will not commit such an act."

Hearing the black-clothed person's words, Emperor Qi smiled and said, "Yes, the Crown Prince is my good son and the one who resembles me the most. That is precisely why I am sending you to remind him not to forget that Yi'er is still his brother."

The black-clothed person did not understand, but even if they did, they would not dare to speak.

Emperor Qi spoke in a low voice, "Although Yi'er has had some failures, he is still my flesh and blood. When the Crown Prince ascends the throne, let him leave the capital and become a leisurely prince. There is nothing wrong with that."

The black-clothed person agreed, "It seems that Your Majesty has already paved the way for the Fourth Prince and made sufficient plans."

The black-clothed person asked, "What about the Third Prince?"

Emperor Qi fell silent for a moment and then put his Buddhist beads back on his wrist, "Jin'er is the child that Princess Zhao Yang likes the most."

The black-clothed person laughed, "Indeed, although the Third Prince is indifferent, he has still attracted a lot of affection."

Emperor Qi said, "Jin'er is not a likable child, but he can still attract so much affection. Sometimes, I envy him." Hearing the word "envy" from a monarch's mouth surprised the black-clothed person.

Emperor Qi continued, "But sometimes, being loved and adored by others may not necessarily be a good thing."

"Oh well, let's see how it goes. When that time comes, these are not things that I can consider."

A few days later...

Mu Xiang, claiming to be old and weak, and having suffered the loss of his son, submitted a memorial to request retirement and return to his hometown with his remains.

Despite repeated dissuasion from the Emperor Qi, he reluctantly agreed in the end.

On the same day, Concubine Mu was demoted to a noble concubine due to her involvement in political factions and personal scheming.

In an instant, the once-prominent clan fell into decline, and their doors were deserted.

Both the court officials and the common people lamented the situation.

Although Xiao Jin was far away in Qingzhou, she soon learned of this news through the intelligence department of the Prince of Yan's Mansion.

She was only surprised for a moment and then calmed down.

After all, the Crown Prince was not a good person, and it was within Xiao Jin's expectations that he would take advantage of the situation to harm the Mu family.

However, Mu Xiang's punishment seemed too severe for embezzlement alone.

Thinking of this, Xiao Jin looked at Chu Shao, who was applying medicine to her bandages, and casually asked, "What does the Princess think?"