004...The Jimi Hendrix experience!

CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4...part 1

(Rent — Pet Shop Boys)

1732saint tropez, france

RAIN pattered against the ground, gliding across every wildflower in its midst — allowing moisture to the yellows and blues that once soaked up the afternoon sun.

A gazebo of large stature stood off into the distance, Kara Elijahson stood under its dome as she waits for the storm to pass.

Her bluebell dress was positively drenched and her once perfect hair reduced to a wet, tangled mop. Even as she stood, Kara still smiled — smiled as she thought of simpler times when she would dance with her papa in the rain. He would twirl her against the droplets, allowing the rain to dance with her.

Oh, how the neighbouring ton would guffaw at the very notion of a young woman of four and twenty gallivanting in the rain, scoffing at the very thought of a 'regal young woman' playing in the wet and cold.

Kara simply stared, humming the tune of Greensleeves to herself, toying with the golden heart necklace that lay on her collar.

"Kara!" A voice called, frantic from what the young woman could tell, "Kara, where are you?!"

Her brows furrowed, "Alek?!" She called back.

Not even a moment passed before Alek stood in front of her, soaked from head to toe — his curls stuck to his forehead and his blouse clung to his figure, somehow making him even more devastatingly handsome.

He made no move to close the distance, to hold her in his arms as his heart wanted to do so desperately. No, instead he stayed where he stood — looking down at his now tangled hands.

"Is something the matter-"

"I- no," He stuttered, shaking his head, "I only wished to inquire your whereabouts."

"Well," she nodded, a small tug at her heart to know that that was all Alek wished to know, "If that's all..." Kara trailed off, her fingers twirling the end of a loose strand of hair.

Awkwardly, he began to move away — wringing his hands hastily. Though, before he could go any further he stopped, spinning to face Kara once more.

"I must ask," He stated, pausing as though he were pondering his next words.

"Can this not wait until we're indoors Mr. Bennett?" Kara teased, a soft giggle accompanying her words.

Had it been any other time, Alek would have laughed with her — how could he not? But in that moment, his expression remained serious.

"No," He said, shaking his head as he strode one step closer to her, "No, I fear I will never have the courage again if I do not speak my feelings now."