009...All's fair in love and war!

CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9...part 2

(Raining at Midnight in June — Gemyni)

  SLEEP overtook her form, but her mind remained awake, racing with unwarranted thoughts. She tossed and turned, tangling herself in the beds cover like a fly trapped in the spider's web.

With the Hollows' looming presence, and the ever present knowledge of her threat over Hopes' life, Kara found herself on edge.

Alek found himself at a loss, knowing the root of his wife's anxieties but unknowing what to do as a means to bring peace to her mind. Hell, even he was anxious with the hollows' return, not a stranger to the elder witches magical capabilities.

When it came down to it, it didn't matter the level of power between the two, how long either lived or what magik line they steamed from. The only thing that would matter once they faced one another, would be the capability of the witch, and Aleksander Bennett was positive that Kara Bennett was a far better witch than the Hollow could ever be.

After over a millennium of 'life', Kara Bennett found herself at a loss, unsure of what could possibly rid the Mikaelson family of the Hollow.

She peered at her phone, the bright lights showing it was a quarter passed 4am. She sighed, turning to look at her husbands peaceful form. Looking at her phone whence more, Kara found herself getting out of bed and moving towards the bathroom.

She splashed cold water over her face in hopes that it would wake her, and with blurred vision she looked at herself in the mirror. Bags hung under bloodshot eyes, ivory skin paled in exhaustion and her hair frazzled from tossing and turning.

Before she could ponder further on her appearance, she saw a dark figure behind her. Eyes widening, Kara turned, only to find the room empty. Chalking it up to her exhaustion, she rubbed her bleary eyes, before exiting.

***

"Damn it!" Kara exclaimed, flipping through what seemed to be the millionth grimoire. She knew the Hollow was a force to be reckoned with and someone who shouldn't be trifled with. As she read each page, it became clearer and clearer that time was anything but her friend.

Each page blended into the next, useless words melding into one big blob residing in the back of her mind. She let out a frustrated huff, messily pulling her hair out of her face with a loose elastic, running her hands down her face.

Before she could stress herself further, Kara felt Alek press a soft kiss on top of her head, running his hand down her arm. He placed himself on the couch, setting two mugs on the coffee table. "It's time you took a break Angelo."